10 gallon starter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. I have a 10 gallon tank I want to convert to a fish only saltwater tank and I need to know if the equipment I already have is adequate enough. I have an aqua clear 50 HOB filter and a marine land double bright led fixture. Will those do the job for a fish only tank?

You could use a heater also but your not going to be able to keep very much in such a small tank

It's good equipment, but saltwater isn't like freshwater where you can have a bunch of tiny fish. Instead you could get away with 1 little clownfish or firefish and maybe a gobie, but that's only 2 fish max and personally I'd find that boring. Im not saying FOWLR are boring, just you have limited options/variety.

Don't waist your time with 10 gallon. No smaller than 55 if you want any options for what you will stick. Bigger is easier to maintain too.

If you're going with a 10 gallon it's best to consider a mini reef. Not too expensive, but a nano tank for FOWLR isn't that great imo.

Back
Top Bottom