10 gallon stocked???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyric112209

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've got a 10 gallon tank...I now have 4 neon tetras 2 bumblebee platties and one guppy, am I fully stocked at this point or can my tank handle a couple more?

lyric112209 said:
So I've got a 10 gallon tank...I now have 4 neon tetras 2 bumblebee platties and one guppy, am I fully stocked at this point or can my tank handle a couple more?

Do you know the sexes of the guppy and platys? These type of fish are baby producing factories and can, if given the chance, quickly multiply.

I would say you're on the brink. Depends on your filtration. If it's adequate, then me personally would add 1 more guppy (same sex), and a corey cat (bottom feeder). Good luck!!

lyric112209 said:

I'd say your pushing it unless you've got a really good filter system, in which case I might do what SanFranMan said about, accept I'd add another neon too.....decisions decisions. =~P

IMO you are at your limit, honestly a bit over I think. Platy are very messy fish, little poop factories. Guppies aren't much better either really. I wouldn't do anymore or would expect some water quality issues.

Do not go with the cory, they are shoaling fish and you need at about 5 of them to be happy. 10 gallons just does not give you that option.

I'm going to keep an eye on the water, make sure everything looks good for awhile...and probably add one more fish if things are looking good...I just added the 2 platties and guppy yesterday

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom