100g stocking list, is this accaptable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ub3rn00ber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im running a 100g with a 20g sump, its got a filter sock and an entire chamber of bio balls. I also have a fluval 406 on the tank.

heres what I have in it now.
2 pletco full grown 3" and 4"
7 rainbow bosami
2 siamese algae eaters
6 mollys
1 otocinclus
1 neon yellow glow barb tetra

I intend on adding
2 German rams
2 yellow rams
2 Bolivian rams
1 electric blue ram
2 more rainbow bosami
2 more Siamese algae eaters

the tank is well established about 2 years old, a year ago I moved it from san diego to fort worth, with no losses!

when I first got the tank I tried rams and didn't have any luck. Now I use only rodi water with elements added back in for fish/plants. ph is currently 7.5, and im going to lower it to 7.0 I understand the unique problems rams face and am willing to deal with that.

for my tank I think that is about the most I can do, maybe a school of neons at the most. What do you guys think? Water is always 0 ammo 0 nitrite, nitrate has been high 100 - but I have corrected that (had old tank syndrome) now its closer to 25 and dropping. ive been doing 10g water changes ever day to try and lower the nitrate for the rams im about to get.

My thoughts. German, blue, and electric blue are all color variations of blue rams. Blue rams can be a bit sensitive and require very warm and acidic water. I would skip them in favor of Bolivian rams, which aren't as colorful but are much more hardy.

Otos are small and prefer to be kept in groups. I would donate to someone who already has a school of them.

Boesmani rainbows grow to a good size and are beautiful. How about adding more rainbows: New Guinea red, turquoise.

Back
Top Bottom