10g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all! It's been a while since I've set up a tank:). I thought that I'd put this thread up just to get some ideas and tips as well as share a bit of what I'm doing as well!

So here's what I have:
Tank: 10g
Lighting: x2 13W bulbs
Filter: Aqueon 10g filter
Heater: 100W
Plants: Carolina fanwort, moneywort, riccia, rotala rotundifolia, cardimina, and java fern.

Going to get:
Organic Soil (I'm doing a NPT)
Gravel
More plants
Fish:)

I'm hoping to have a very nicely planted tank, and it's going to have a Betta chaniode pair that I'm ordering online.

What type of lighting do you have? T5HO? VHO? Compact fluorescent? That fixture looks like incandescent to me but I could be wrong.

Do you already have the plants?

Bettafanatic said:
What type of lighting do you have? T5HO? VHO? Compact fluorescent? That fixture looks like incandescent to me but I could be wrong.

Do you already have the plants?

Haha silly me to forget that! They're compact fluorescent lights.

The plants that I stated are over growing in my other tanks and so I'll trim/replant them in my other tanks. Well, besides the Cabomba caroliniana, that's just sitting in a different bowl of water waiting to be planted once I get the gravel.

Bettafanatic said:
Oh okay. That light fixture just looks a lot like an incandescent fixture I had once so I got nervous lol.

Yeah, the light part of the hood is different than what it originally came with after I learned some of the planted tank ways:). But thanks for looking out!

Back
Top Bottom