10G FW Planted Aquarium Build Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I see, I don't have That Fish Place near me. Only Petco and Walmart (yikes). But that must be a treat to look at. I can only imagine how it looks. :-D

Okay, I just did a PWC today and I left the eggs in the DW alone. But I did scraped the ones in the glass. They were more than 10, probably almost 20 of them. Sad it can't hatch in a FW water. I do love nerites. Thank you for the info. (y)

yeah, they sell online but their store is located in PA. They have display tanks all over the store to entice you to buy stuff. lol :rolleyes:

I love nerites as well..they are such good little algae eaters!

that's pretty awesome. wish we had one near here in MA. i did check their site out before and put it in my favorites. :)

I know, they are, aren't they? Although my horned nerite snail is another story..

that's pretty awesome. wish we had one near here in MA. i did check their site out before and put it in my favorites. :)

I know, they are, aren't they? Although my horned nerite snail is another story..

My 6 yr old decided he want one for his tank too(I have them in both my tanks), so we got him one last week. It's teeny tiny but it's been methodically cleaning all of the rocks (they are/were covered in diatoms) in his tank ever since we put it in. It's amazing to watch!

It's a nice store, BUT I don't need encouragement....I can get into enough trouble all by myself. lol :hide:

LOL....i hear you with the encouragement part...that's me too.

maybe my horned snail is not feeling well. I got two of them and the other one is not doing anything at all. The other one on the other hand is a busy snail..

Hello everyone!I got some video today for all my tank! So far, this is the only one I got uploaded in my Youtube..hope it looks okay!

Edit: The embed code doesn't work, so here's the link instead:

Last edited:
Here are some photos from today as well:

img_1407437_0_6e74f52ed4f26232df4cc49ac8e3354c.jpg

img_1407437_1_ef5ec41e5755c3b03114084facb7b861.jpg

img_1407437_2_9c9e52d9704bf054278d0dc20d57ef5b.jpg

img_1407437_3_fec704d42460d9d119ce69be2eb0072f.jpg

img_1407437_4_adbfd6e0ece2689bb1a9420c364e0695.jpg

img_1407437_5_c959b60be978a24708018e5db35a11d9.jpg

img_1407437_6_46c8421f8ee7cdc30c453e534d9e9c8d.jpg

img_1407437_7_1fd3d502c26e3750d5dccece174b64aa.jpg

Wow your tank looks great i wish I had some live plants in mine

Aww thank you dear.....you can try the live plants even if it's low light...mine mostly are low light to medium lighting plants. Once I started it, I didn't want to go back to plastic plants. Don't get me wrong, plastics are nice too, I started with them. But live plants is just so fulfilling....:-D

Last edited:
im going to send my tank to you and some plants and you aquascape it plz! haha jk great tank

Hi! LOL. I was smiling when I saw your post. Not because I didn't want to, but I actually thought I want to and will do it. :-D But I don't want to disappoint you though if you will not like what I will do...:-D

Great looking tank Daileene :)

What plant is that on the left side of the heater(ambulia?)?

I also think that those are nerite snail eggs. I have nerite snails and I have those white eggs all over my tank.

Great looking tank Daileene :)

What plant is that on the left side of the heater(ambulia?)?

I also think that those are nerite snail eggs. I have nerite snails and I have those white eggs all over my tank.

Hi Roy. Thank you so much for that. Coming from you who had a very awesome tank, I am humbled. :)

The plants near my heater are only cabombas and anacharis some crypts and rotalas. I don't know what ambulia looks like so I will research that in a bit.

And yes, I have figured out that those eggs were from the nerite. I actually want them to hatch but they said it won't until they are in saltwater. So, I just scrape them out from the wall. I left the ones in the DW.

daileene said:
Hi Roy. Thank you so much for that. Coming from you who had a very awesome tank, I am humbled. :)

The plants near my heater are only cabombas and anacharis some crypts and rotalas. I don't know what ambulia looks like so I will research that in a bit.

And yes, I have figured out that those eggs were from the nerite. I actually want them to hatch but they said it won't until they are in saltwater. So, I just scrape them out from the wall. I left the ones in the DW.

I just learned everything that I know about plants from the plant gurus of AA. They get all the credits. :)

How are the rotalas doing in your tank? I tried keeping them and had problems keeping them alive. I think they are so delicate.

They are actually doing good in this dirt tank. It is weird though in the left side of this tank, the side where the filter is, the rotalas grows horizontally instead of vertically. I can see the roots going down, then after, once the roots seems established under the dirt, the rotala shoots up stems and started growing upward. But other than that, they are quite healthy...:)

Woah!!! Look at that growth!! Very nice job!! :D

The Anacharis I sent you is growing like a weed! Are the Crypts and Anubias in there as well or are those in a different tank? I trimmed back that Spiralis I told you about and I'm growing them out. Soooo, once their at a good, healthy size, some will be headed your way!

I'm loving the vids too, hun! I'm so happy that you posted them, it takes us into your fish world! :D

Your fish look so happy too! I think your DG is adorable!!

Ok... heading to your other threads...

Back
Top Bottom