10g gourami tank help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JordanB364

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m cycling a 10 gallon tank right now and I need advice on how to stock it. Itll be a heavily planted tank with a dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish. I want to do Corydoras as a clean up crew but I don’t know how many I should get. I’m thinking 3 but I don’t think they’d be happy in small numbers. Would it be possible to do 5 with lots of plants?? Also is there any kind of algae eater I could include other than snails???

Cory catfish do really well in groups they will hang out close to each other if they are the same species. I have 6 in a 10 gallon tank and tetras so 5 should work out fine(depending on what you mean by heavily planted) and they are super friendly fish. The only thing I dont like about them is that they are not very active. Mine don't move very much. They are great cleaners but I also feed mine shrimp pellets.

Last edited:
Cory catfish do really well in groups they will hang out close to each other if they are the same species. I have 6 in a 10 gallon tank and tetras so 5 should work out fine(depending on what you mean by heavily planted) and they are super friendly fish. The only thing I dont like about them is that they are not very active. Mine don't move very much. They are great cleaners but I also feed mine shrimp pellets.

Okay cool! By heavily planted I mean as many plants as I can comfortably put in there without crowding it, because I already have some rocks and decorations. I know I want to do some sort of carpet plant and some kind of floating plant. Probably some Java fern and some other plants that grow tall and fairly wide, maybe throw a moss ball in there just to be sure. I just want to make sure I can safely keep 5 corys with the gourami

Back
Top Bottom