10g tank idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently had a betta in my 10g pass so I rehomed his friends to a 20g tank and moved the plants to a 2.5 for holding until I decide what to do. So it's completely empty aside form the heater and hob filter. Any recommendations on what to stick it with? Fresh and brackish ideas are great ^_^

Keep calm and drum on

Scarlet badis and a school or green fire tetras are simply the best options for a ten IMO. They are what I am planning for my tank

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

What schools would you suggest for a badis?

Badis should generally be kept at a 1M/2F ratio. They are very shy fish and many people find it difficult to get them to accept anything buy live foods.

I'd do a big school of pygmy spotted rasboras.

I checked my lfs and the can't get pigmy rasboras until February at the earliest but the did have a fish called the electric blue johanni they said they stay small but would it be suited for a 10g tank? With maybe a school of neon tetras or harlequin rasboras?

Keep calm and drum on

I checked my lfs and the can't get pigmy rasboras until February at the earliest but the did have a fish called the electric blue johanni they said they stay small but would it be suited for a 10g tank? With maybe a school of neon tetras or harlequin rasboras?

African cichlid that I'm pretty sure needs a higher pH. I could be wrong but I don't think they're good with smaller, schooling fish.

Keep calm and drum on

Those things need a minimum of 30 gallons, if you want to do an African cichlid, I'd recommend researching shelldwellers. I've got a pair of gold ocellatus in my 10 gallon, and they just can't stop breeding, neat little guys, but they are as aggressive as the bigger cichlids, maybe even more. I had one constantly attack my siphon while doing a water change. But they are also so personable. Look em up, you might like em'

Sent via echolocation

Those things need a minimum of 30 gallons, if you want to do an African cichlid, I'd recommend researching shelldwellers. I've got a pair of gold ocellatus in my 10 gallon, and they just can't stop breeding, neat little guys, but they are as aggressive as the bigger cichlids, maybe even more. I had one constantly attack my siphon while doing a water change. But they are also so personable. Look em up, you might like em'

Sent via echolocation

+1. I have a fast-growing colony of banded shelldwellers (neolamprologus multifasciatus) in a 20 gallon but they can happily live in a 10. They breed incredibly easily and they are some of my favorite fish! There are many kinds of shelldwellers that work in a 10 gallon. Most of them are easy to care for and easy to breed.

I've successfully done a variety of shellies in 10g or smaller: multies, stapps, occies, brevis. It's a very different look from your typical freshwater-planted-community.

I went to my lfs to see what came in on truck today and I ran into a friend of mine that works there. He had a betta returned because the owner didn't have a tank for him. So naturally I wanted to see the little guy and ended up taking him home. He is currently residing with a school of harlequin rasboras but I'm thinking of switching them with my neons from my 20g. He definitely seems happy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447194744.000366.jpg sorry about the algae I'm still working on cleaning that up.

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom