10gallon nano tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxlbreed said:
Is the lighting in the cube good enough for corals?
Is it worth getting an Rodi unit for the biocube? Petco sells it for 169..
14g

Yes, low to medium light coral can be sustained in a biocube. And no don't get the petco RO/DI unit. There's ones on eBay which are just as good and cheaper.

The stock lighting is good enough for most basic ans easy corals.....zooas, leathers, mushrooms and LPS like candycanes. It also depends on where you place themin the rockwork, higher up for the more light demanding ones lower on the substrate for shrooms.

The ro/di depends on how much you like lugging water. For a 14g tank you'd need about 5g a week. Some for water changes and some for top off due to evaporation. Also a good idea to keep an extra batch of water around in case of emergency. For me, the $70 was worth it, even if i didnt have the 125g. I hated lugging and filling jugs up. lol

True true. I'll think about it. I meant the biocube is 169 at petco online I think but the ro I saw for 100 about on eBay are those the ones? They look like the household ones..?

I have a nano...we think it's 6g or a bit more but we love how everything is there...just like everyone said you add a heater and a powerhead and you're good to go. I'm looking in to upgrading to a 30g and whoa! It's getting pricey:/

Mine does with a few bells and whistles than the one that Carey is talking about I have a vertex 100gpd unit and like it runs around 330$ cad

I have a nano...we think it's 6g or a bit more but we love how everything is there...just like everyone said you add a heater and a powerhead and you're good to go. I'm looking in to upgrading to a 30g and whoa! It's getting pricey:/

I know ive been reading your entire build thread ;)

and whats this vortex thing? get mixed results on google ..

Dad knows what to look for in ro di systems as he runs a 2400 cubic meter a day system at work

ahh ;) perhaps you can tell me which of these two would be the better pick .. im putting them under the kitchen sink in my apartment, of tanks and drinking water.
so this is what i need:
drinking water quality
good for aquarium
easy replacement parts (filter etc.)
what i do not need is high output.. im planning on filling a jug and putting it in the fridge for myself. the aquarium bucket can fill while i study .. .;)
heres a couple of auctions im interested in .. are they worth anything?

TANKLESS 5 STAGE REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM 200 GPD | eBay
50 GPD Drinking RO Reverse Osmosis System ROH-5-50 | eBay
Water Filtration system Reverse Osmosis Make OFFER??? | eBay
Portable Mini Reverse Osmosis 75GPD Water System 4stage | eBay

xxlbreed said:
ahh ;) perhaps you can tell me which of these two would be the better pick .. im putting them under the kitchen sink in my apartment, of tanks and drinking water.
so this is what i need:
drinking water quality
good for aquarium
easy replacement parts (filter etc.)
what i do not need is high output.. im planning on filling a jug and putting it in the fridge for myself. the aquarium bucket can fill while i study .. .;)
heres a couple of auctions im interested in .. are they worth anything?

TANKLESS 5 STAGE REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM 200 GPD | eBay
50 GPD Drinking RO Reverse Osmosis System ROH-5-50 | eBay
Water Filtration system Reverse Osmosis Make OFFER??? | eBay
Portable Mini Reverse Osmosis 75GPD Water System 4stage | eBay

When we say ro unit we often mean ro di unit which the one you want. Carey if you could post a link to the system you have. You will also need a tds meter if the unit you get doesn't have one built in

So none of the ones I listed is good? It looks the same just bigger doesn't it?the di functions seems to be there too just they call it ro membrane instead of di membrane but it looks to be the same?
How is the quality on these guys?
I'm asking cause I bid for one of them :/
I'm hoping I don't have to sell it again haha

They aren't bad just their is no di Chamber or cartridge on the ones you listed as far as I can tell. Ro membranes are in laymans terms a finer and fancier version of a coffee filter. Di uses a Chemical resin bead To facilitate ion transfer and any chemical or impurity is locked is unless it becomes saturated and that's a whole different story. Di cleans up what the ro membrane left behind. I guess bottom ro is good ro di is great.

Can I get away with ro without di? Some ppl been sayin you can't drink di water? Or shouldnt...?
You can drink distilled water.. Which has 0.00 ppm...
So what's the deal here? I didn't want to get the small unit cause ithoght it easier to replace standard size filters and more/larger filters = better filtration.. So that's why I bid on it.. It's the one that comes with the tank and faucet thingi.

If you win it will work fine once you do the needed repairs. If dont look for one with di.

If we are looking at the same one #3 right one of the cartridge casing is cracked

Ohh no I didn't get that one but I won the bid on one of em. I figured I may jus get a di cartridge And put a second outline on the system with the di cartridge and use the other, original, output pipe as plain ro for drinking purpose..
What else do I need fir an ro unit? Any gadgets or measurement devices?

Back to the main build idea, what biocube? 14 or 29? I found the 14 for 169 online new..
Are they different in any way?
I am kinda torn between the biocube and a 20g with 20g sump.. The sump idea just has me goin ..;)

Back
Top Bottom