110 gallon build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The main reason i never kept an Oscar was fear of hole in the head. I got into keeping Jack Dempseys instead. Still a pretty fish doesnt grow quite as big though. Maybe even a texas or pearl cichlid would be nice.

It's really not bad. Just don't over feed. Once a day tops and not fistfuls when you do. They are good fish and interesting to watch.

There are fish out there like a green terror, red devil. Red terror. All good looking fish. Mean but neat. Get about 10" ish. Flower horn if you want a central American cichlid or frontrosia? If you want African. 7 lines frontrosia's look better than 6 lines. In my opinion.

coffeetwitch said:
It's really not bad. Just don't over feed. Once a day tops and not fistfuls when you do. They are good fish and interesting to watch.

There are fish out there like a green terror, red devil. Red terror. All good looking fish. Mean but neat. Get about 10" ish. Flower horn if you want a central American cichlid or frontrosia? If you want African. 7 lines frontrosia's look better than 6 lines. In my opinion.

I like the flowerhorn. Do they come in different varietys?

coffeetwitch said:
I want to say yes but really I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

What about tank mates for a Jack Dempsey? Instead of the flowerhorn

You cant really do tank mates with a Jack because they can get vicious. Since you have a 110 you might be able to do something if enough cover is provided.

Fishkeeper92 said:
You cant really do tank mates with a Jack because they can get vicious. Since you have a 110 you might be able to do something if enough cover is provided.

Well about that. Apparently its gonna be a community tank because I have some mollies platys and tetras in it now and a loach

coffeetwitch said:
so a tank full of food for a larger predatory fish? are you keeping a community tank?

Not exactly. Yes its gonna just be a community tank for now. When I do decide to get an cichlid its more than likely gonna be an Oscar because I think they are truley neat. I will then give the fish I have now away

Okay so here is a great update.
I got all the parts and I have accomplished the making of a sump. I'm using a quiet one™ 4000 to pump the water back. I know its a powerful pump but, I have a pipe going from the pump back into the sump with a ball valve and its working like a charm so far. Here are some pics

ForumRunner_20111217_180527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom