120 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of flooring do you have. When that tank is full I'm assuming it will way in the range of 1200 to 1500 pounds.
I live in a house with a concrete slab for a foundation but if you have a house that doesnt sit on a concrete slab you would probably need to beef up the floor joist. I've heard some people just put jacks under the joist. Someone should be able to help you better with that though.

The basement is always an excellent choice for a large tank.

best of luck,
asaint

well if i get a size like that we dont have a basement, concrete floors, would that work?

If the foundation of the house is slab, there isn't a problem. If there is a basement, reinforcements should be used. If it's a crawl space, you will want to secure the flooring before setting it up.

The only issue with setting it up in the basement is that noone will see it unless the basement is a "finished" area. If it is, the basement would be a great place to set one up.

How about a 75 gallon, I kinda live in a double wide, I know that the floor is made of 2X10s about 6 or 8 inches apart. If I do need a jack, any ideas of where about going and getting some?

well, my dad had a 125 gallon SW tank and it wasnt downstairs and well, he had a few steel beams holding that up :roll:

You could put a couple of 4x4s under the floor joist. Mobil home supply places are a great source of jacks, just like they use to level a coach. :D

Back
Top Bottom