125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh and I forgot to mention, while at petco getting our flame angel (I know I know) the employee asked me what setup and fish I have, I told him the specifics and when I said "blue-face angel" he stopped me instantly and said " you cant have 2 angels in the same tank"... I can respect that he knows enough to say that but I kindly mentioned that angels and dwarf angels don't usually have aggression issues between them. its just dwarf angels. I don't think he really wanted to sell me the fish but I think im capable enough to handle the situation if any issues arise lol

Just finished testing.
Amm-0
Trites-0
Trates-20ish
Sg-1.026
Ph-8.3
Temp-81

I would of thought with the new skimmer, filter socks, and wp40 that the trates would of come down a bit but they seem to be holding steady at 15-20. Pwc is tn so i may bump it up to 25% to try and get these trates down. Im confident my equipment can hold them lower once i get ot to 5-10

I agree with the large and dwarf angels working . I have a elibi with my emperor . The emperor hates his little guts and chases him around but as long as he can fit where the emp can't it works itself out.

This is the second flame angel our blue face has been with and i havent noticed any signs of aggression either time. Heck they even swim near and around each other without so much as a tail slap. I do have a confession though (i cant help it) i added the purple tang to the tank.... And watched our $40 yellow tang decide to beat the crap out of purple... So now the yellow tang is in his newly fashioned efficiency apartment (10g) for a few days/maybe a week. The yellow is noticeably bigger than the purple and the purple tang isnt even putting up a fight. I REALLY hope i can get these two to coexist because i love them both and dont want to get rid of either. Heres to hoping

Might have to let the tangs work it out on their own . A few months ago I added a desjardini and my White cheek tang just beat him up for the first few weeks. Eventually they worked it out and they rarely go at it now. You can also try a rescape but that is usually a pain .

If thats what it takes. (rescaping) ill do it. But i took out the yellow last night and readded him today, he was fine for 5 minutes or so, even let the purple tang swim up to him, but then out of nowhere he started attacking again

And im off the next two days so i could try letting them sort it out. But the purple is just so small im afraid the yellow tang will kill her

So jealous if the purple. It is so beautiful I'd be rid of the yellow in a minute. It made me look at tangs. LA is showing a white tail bristle tooth tang. I'd love one if those and a blue spotted puffer. So much day dreaming because of your purple today.

Can you make a cave that the purple can fit in but not the yellow? If you have that the purple can get away fine. It can take some time for them to calm down though so you just have to hurry up and wait for a bit. Mine took about 2 weeks to be ok with each other. Of course once your little purple gets about the same size they are going to go at it again ..... Its just tangs being tangs.

Sniperhank said:
So jealous if the purple. It is so beautiful I'd be rid of the yellow in a minute. It made me look at tangs. LA is showing a white tail bristle tooth tang. I'd love one if those and a blue spotted puffer. So much day dreaming because of your purple today.

Lol sorry about that. It should be reason to clear a corner of the livingroom (or entire wall) and go big! I already decided that im putting some serious time and effort into getting these tangs together. It took me almost a month to get the clowns together so i may need to do the same here. If i reach the point where i feel its not going to happen, ill either trade the yellow in for a smaller one, or simply sell the yellow. The purple is the primary concern.

Hondatek said:
Can you make a cave that the purple can fit in but not the yellow? If you have that the purple can get away fine. It can take some time for them to calm down though so you just have to hurry up and wait for a bit. Mine took about 2 weeks to be ok with each other. Of course once your little purple gets about the same size they are going to go at it again ..... Its just tangs being tangs.

Theres a bunch of tiny hiding areas. Im more worked with what happens when im not watching (bedtime, work, out of the house)... If im not there to break up a serious battle, the purple will die. Also i dont know how much this purple can take

30g water change is done!! Unfortunately after installing the float valve, i realized it shuts off flow to the collection bin, but doesnt shut down the input flow (theres a built in auto shutoff valve) so i need to call brs tm. Im gonna keep an eye open for a 50-60g stand up water container. Fish are doing good. Going to clean the dt light splashguard when i get home. Also gonna take the auto shutoff valve apart and see if its sticking

Alright. For better or worse i decided that the only way to solve this issue with the tangs is to toss the yellow in and let them sort it out. Ironically enough the purple went on the attack. Because of the size difference the yellow fought back. As far as i can tell now, they have settled down for the time being. Lights have been out for awhile. Hopefully when lights come on tm they both have settled the issue

Alright. For better or worse i decided that the only way to solve this issue with the tangs is to toss the yellow in and let them sort it out. Ironically enough the purple went on the attack. Because of the size difference the yellow fought back. As far as i can tell now, they have settled down for the time being. Lights have been out for awhile. Hopefully when lights come on tm they both have settled the issue
Or you can break out the fry pan and garlic

Ashley73 said:
Or you can break out the fry pan and garlic

Haha as a dedicated hobbyist i guess im not supposed to laugh at the idea of cooking my dead fish but that was funny. Although i dont think a 1.5" tang will fill my stomach

Well lucky for me, i dont need to get out the snack crackers. Woke up this morning and both the yellow and purple are alive!! I havent noticed any signs of aggression as of now and they have repeatedly come within inches of eachother with no issues.. Heres to hoping it stays this way

Sniperhank said:
It sounds like the boarder dispute is over and done with. Grats.

Thank you. Yeah i was actually surprised when they didnt start terrorizing each other. They fought it out for prob a half hour or so but thats it.

Just got home from dinner and a movie. Both nurple and mello are alive and well!! Operation tang peace is a success

Back
Top Bottom