125G Reef Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czr073

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im looking to build a new canopy with a new light setup, my tank is 6 feet long and looking to have reefs in it.. i was given the tank from a friend so my tank has been empty for about 6 months and everyhting needs to just be replaced.. my protien skimmer is broken so im looking to get a new on of those that can fit in a sump and looking to buy a better sump. the tank has double overflows so the sump would have to be able to tank that. and what lights would i need and im looking to have moonlights built in to if possible?

If you look at my images you`ll see my tank and I dont have a canopy. Same size as your tank but I like the no canopy look for that size tank. Just thought you might want to check it out.

What kind of sump do you have now? I usually just buy a tank and kind of DIY a sump.

I have used a few asm G series skimmers and i really like them. There are a bunch of brands that are good and resonably priced though. Others can chime in with their favorites.

The lights you buy for your tank are going to depend largely on what kind of coral you would like to keep. If you give me some info on what you want i will be more then happy to talk to you about some good lighting options.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom