14 gallon school build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieMomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'll be in charge of my school's 14 gallon science room tank. It has white sand in it that I plan to replace with a darker color to make the fishies more comfortable. I will also add some live plants as the hood has light bulb spaces that will accept the right bulbs ( I have the exact tank at home with the correct bulbs and live plants and it works out quite well.

What might you all suggest for that size tank? It's occupants should be colorful and interesting. A community tank would be the best but I could go with a species tank. There were swordtails in it last year but they were skittish and miserable.

I would do a colony of red cherry shrimp

And maybe some neon tetras

A species only nano fish tank, with fish like celestial pearl danios, ember tetras, chili rasboras, some of the microrasbora species, etc.,etc.

Ooooo, that could be really cool. I'll have to do some research!

Thanks Bettaowner,

I may do that at home in my 14 gallon. I have some a combo of swordtails, mollys, and a platy in there - a total of five I'll be moving to my 55 gallon Tuesday. ( out of town or I'd do it already.)

Back
Top Bottom