144g Stocking Suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great! Also, see if I swapped the 4th Bala Shark with a Black Shark (Labeo chrysophekadion), would that be okay?

Wow, i'll probably have to forget that then! Also, I can't really take all the bala sharks out... because I already have one. I could take the other 3 out, but then I don't know how the bala shark would be on its own for the rest of its life?

What about this then?

Also, will the Convicts still breed with each other if one is pink and one is black?

- 1 Black Ghost Knife Fish
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Black Convict Cichlids
- 1 Pink Convict Cichlids
- 1 Frontosa Cichlid
- 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish

EDIT: See if I took some other fish out, would I be able to add in any African Cichlids such as the cobalt blue zebra cichlid or maybe add a Black Shark (Labeo chrysophekadion)?

Do this stock right here. You may have to rehone when everything gets full grown. But that is good right there

Great, i'll do that then! And Hmm, do you think i'll need to rehome them then? I'd rather not get fish that I won't be able to keep.

Its hard to tell till they get big. Just go with that stock and see what happens. The JD and texas may get into it but as i said just wait and see.

Ah, okay. I get what you mean. So I guess that's me done with the stock then!!

So the filtration that comes with the tank is 1800 litres per hour but I think that that may be a bit weak... so I may get a canister filter as well as those two internal filters. What do you think?

Im going to give you some suggestions for filtration. What filter come with the tank? I need the exact name. Pretend the tank comes with no filters.
X2 fluval 406 and 1 hob
X1 fx5
A sump
Those are the ones i know best

Bad news - it turns out that tank I saw is only 110 gallons and the tank dimensions were including the hood and things. So now I will need to lessen my stock unless I can find a bigger tank for less than £650 - does anyone know of such tank by any chance, lol?

So how about this:

- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 3 Bala Sharks
- 4 Pictus Catfish

Great, i'll drop the texas then! So that looks like the final stocking list unless I can manage to find a bigger tank somewhere.

Okay, so I found an 180gal tank now at a very good price (I think it is £560 for everything excluding the cabinet). Now, I can't find any cabinets which suit the dimensions (72x24x24) but I can find a cabinet which is 72" in length - the only problem is that it has 15cm less depth than the tank, so i'd need something to keep it up at the back without ruining its look if I got that cabinet. So, does anyone have any ideas on what I could get to hold up the tank? Or would that 15cm of 'extra tank' be stable do you think?

If I get the 180g:

DEFINITELY:
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish

OTHER FISH I LIKE:
- Jaguar Cichlid
- Silver Dollars
- Gold Severums
- Green Severums
- Parrot Cichlids
- Sturgeons
- Clown Loaches

So, does anyone have any ideas???

Is this overstocked for an 180gal:

180 GALLON STOCKING LIST:
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish
- 2 Red Terror Cichlids
- 2 Green Severums
- 6 Silver Dollars

Is this overstocked for an 180gal:

180 GALLON STOCKING LIST:
- 1 Tiger Oscar
- 2 Firemouth Cichlids
- 1 Texas Cichlid
- 4 Bala Sharks
- 5 Pictus Catfish
- 2 Red Terror Cichlids
- 2 Green Severums
- 6 Silver Dollars

Wayyyy overstocked, but when the festae kill everything you'll be fine again. Between aggression issues and deteriorating water quality that tank is doomed, I'd spend some more time researching fish again since some most of those will hit 12" and some like the excichlasoma festae potentially hitting 17".

Back
Top Bottom