15 gal stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you could do some rainbow fish (lots of different types) they are pretty. Tetras- green, black, blackskirt, blushing, cardinal, neon, serapae, there are so many! Shrimp are really fun- pumpkin (orange), cherry (red), ghost (clear), there are blue ones too. Another centerpiece fish to consider is the betta (no shrimp with him though). They actually have a lot of personality once they get out of those stupid cups. Angelfish get too big, so they are out. Erm. some of the calmer danio species might work (not zebras they are so active!) A nice snail maybe? There are some cool ones out there

I just looked them up I was way off. I think they be cool in a 15 gall

Hey thanks for the advice! It's not even set up, and I don't have any plan to set it up...yet! Lol! I think it would look great by my 50 gal :)

We'll when you do get around to setting it up and picking out your stock, you should post pictures! :)

Most of the spotted blue eyed rainbows would do very well in a 15 g. Those are the dwarf types, as the other larger types (praecox, Boesmani, etc) would need a much larger tank. Furcata and threadfin rainbows would be my first recommendations for very pretty top dwellers (also note that some of the other blue eyed types do best in species only tanks).

Here are a few other fish you can research that would do well in that size tank (not necessarily all together):

celestial pearl danios
emerald rasboras
chili rasboras
honey gourami
sparkling gourami
harlequin rasboras (I like the blue variety especially)
pygmy cories
betta
dwarf puffers (3-4 in a species tank)
scarlet badis
green neon tetras
peacock gudgeon

Let us know what you like! :)

Back
Top Bottom