15 Gallon Tall Tank with 3 Danios...HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cassandra.dren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there,
I'm a little concerned cuz i just bought a 15G tall tank a couple weeks ago and have had 3 pink zebra danios in there for a few days...they're constantly chasing each other and one smaller one is almost always at the bottom of the tank while the other two are all over the place....is it possible the two pick on the smaller guy? and should i be getting more danios to go along with the three i have in there? they are the only fish i've got so far.

Please help!

Hey there,
I'm a little concerned cuz i just bought a 15G tall tank a couple weeks ago and have had 3 pink zebra danios in there for a few days...they're constantly chasing each other and one smaller one is almost always at the bottom of the tank while the other two are all over the place....is it possible the two pick on the smaller guy? and should i be getting more danios to go along with the three i have in there? they are the only fish i've got so far.

Please help!

15 gallons is a bit small for such active fish.

my recommendation is to return the fish and buy some different fish (so long as the tank is cycled) more suited. Whats your experience with fish and what were you looking for :)?

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is my first tank so I have literally no experience other than a cheap tank with a beta as a child! The man at the store said 3 of them would be good to start but i guess not eh? bummer. even if i were to add a couple more you don't think it'd work? I'm looking for smaller, colourful(pretty) fish!

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is my first tank so I have literally no experience other than a cheap tank with a beta as a child! The man at the store said 3 of them would be good to start but i guess not eh? bummer. even if i were to add a couple more you don't think it'd work? I'm looking for smaller, colourful(pretty) fish!

yeah honestly, as rude as it is he was probably looking to make a sale, id return the three, get a test kit, and make sure the tank is cycled. Then we can start looking at fish.

here is a website to get the creative juices flowing Rasboras
Platies

both of those links are to fish suitable for 10 gallon or larger. Maybe youd be interested in a couple female bettas or one show worthy betta? look up designer bettas.

If you only have room for the 15 then make sure you have cycled the tank completely with a test kit and then look into guppies, or a Gourami, maybe a school of 6-8 tetras. Not all 3 just one or the other. What filter are you running and are you wanting to have a planted tank or fake plants?

Back
Top Bottom