180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I bought the led panels. Thanks for the information and link by the way they are supposed to b here Wed. Skimmer ,return pump, heaters, salt, ETC will b here Friday just impatiently waiting. Do u think 3 of the led panels are enough to keep acropora if shelved closer to top and one other question Danner Mag 18 1800 gallons per HR enough your thoughts?

You could keep acropora at about the half way point with no problem. I have birdsnests on the sand bed and they are coloring up nicely. They got bleached out when they were about half way up.
I'm using a mag 9.5 on my 265 right now and it's fine. I would get a ball valve on that mag 18 in case you want to turn it down.

Well that sucks I've gotta mag 9 in my closet not even being used. Ill put a ball valve on it lights are really that bright so u do think 3 will get the coverage

This thread is now going to get interesting. Not to say that is wasn't already but there are now big guns interested!

This tank has megaflow overflows I've never set the adjustment on these any advice on height for these not something I want to try to adjust as I'm filling the tanks since I have to nearly use a stool to reach the overflows

Just ordered 80 pounds pukani base rock from bulk reef supply. Requested large pieces hope they come through on (large) pieces! still no equip yet

Reef79 said:
Just ordered 80 pounds pukani base rock from bulk reef supply. Requested large pieces hope they come through on (large) pieces! still no equip yet

Reefrocks.net also has 50lbs of rock for $85 and maybe you could get that and the rest live.

I wont b ready for a couple weeks so I'm gonna see what the pukani looks like its supposed to be really light weight for size so ill see thanks for the info if I need more I'll order from them

Painted back flat black and finished leveling with elephant jacks tonight tomorrow I will get diveders in sump
Supposed to be today didnt show equip should hopefully be in tomorrow from marine depot. Lights were supposedly gonna be here today as well

ForumRunner_20120328_201742.jpg

they didn't show. So impatiently waiting still

Lights are in they are great only bummer is I've got to use an entire surge protector strip just for the lights Equip supposed to be here today by tracking still ain't seen it yet
This is the crazy part I ordered the lights 4 days after the equip both ups ground both leaving California my equip is still not here it went to Chicago thats 400 miles from me so it then came back 400 miles? ?????

Why not build your own canopy and buy retrofits? then you could say "Yes Miss, I build the canopy myself" and impress the ladies!

You make one out of plywood, and you paint it to match with your cabinet...and wow!

Equip and salt showed up finally now on to building my sump
And for the last response I can build about anything I built the stand, Hood, lights,and sump for my 55 I don't want a canopy they are big and heavy for a 180 gallon tank and just to let you know its better to build a canopy out of solid wood for moisture purposes thanks for the advice

ForumRunner_20120330_194413.jpg

ForumRunner_20120330_194413.jpg

Got sand and base rock in still waiting on silicone to dry for sump ill slide it in tomorrow to make sure I can get the Skimmer cup out I know I'm gonna have to cut the bottom of the stand out to gain 2" hopefully it works

Sump is done waiting for it to dry now working on plumbing hope to fill it up by Monday check the plumbing and add salt

ForumRunner_20120330_223304.jpg

Sump in plumbing done checking bulkheads tonight ill check overflow and returns tomorrow

ForumRunner_20120331_220458.jpg

ForumRunner_20120331_220506.jpg

Few picks

Back
Top Bottom