180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Overflows good couldn't wait to check it out returns will wait till morning

Oh ya by the way Bulk Reef Supply came thru big time huge rocks and awesome structure couldn't ask for better thanks for the info all. And hopefully saltwater fish can do as good when I order live rock should be Wed or Thur

Filling with water now gonna take two possibly three days with RODI water had small leak in return hopefully got it's getting to heavy to slide out by myself

Over half full picked up another 40 pounds of base rock for freeeee thanks rick here's some pics still cloudy got heaters running. RO water takes forever just want to get it cycling water so it will clear up some

All full and moving water added 55 gal salt mix will do the same in a few hours

ForumRunner_20120403_155816.jpg

This is to the people that have the led panels how did u affix them they came with the cables and hooks my wife would kill me if I hung it from the new ceilings so that ones out I was thinking about making a frame from 1"x6" s will this b high enough from the acrylic lids

Salinity is good water is clearing up getting ready to order live rock and start adding a couple of fish

ForumRunner_20120404_203718.jpg

I wouldn't even use the lids, and no, 6" is not enough. I would construct something to hang them from that either attaches to the wall behind, or perhaps the back of the stand.
Your wife would kill you for putting 3 tiny screw holes in the ceiling? 2 cents worth of spackle would fix them if need be.

about 5" or so away from the water, but the supplied hanging hardware is long. If you don't modify it, you are going to need to construct something that sits about a foot and a half above the tank.

I was gonna build a frame out of 1"x6" boards 6" vertical and set them on the frame. Do you not recommend setting them on the frame and second question should I leave airspace holes in the rear of the frame.

ryan-peddle said:
Another option is ecoliverock.org it's cheap live rock free shipping no die off and 100% of proceeds go to reef sustaining programs

Harvesting live rock from reefs shouldn't be aloud IMO

So if you do it quietly it's ok??

Going to start a docking list.
This is what is being transferred from my 55
Maroon clown
Bubble tip anemone
Coral Buety
Blue and yellow tail damsel
Pectinia coral
Candy cane flourescent green
Trumpet coral
Watermelon zoas about 8" across
Purple gorgonian
Large long finger leather
And tons of anfelia corals

That's fine how you have them, and I guess when you turned them on you got your answer about ventilation too.
I wouldn't run the lights at all during the cycle. All that will do is fuel nuisance algae.

Looks like tank is really coming along. Tank pics look nice. I agree with Doug about not running lights during cycle.

Yea I just had to see what they looked like I shut them back off after the pics I have live rock on the way, I'll have to probably pull some base rock out so it doesn't look to crammed in there

Back
Top Bottom