2.5 Gallon Photo Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think the Didiplis Diandra was finally successful with its take over attempts. The tank is jam packed from front to back and side to side with Didiplis Diandra. I'm definately thinking that once the algae is under control, it'll have to be removed as it simply grows much to fast. It's a beautiful plant though, so I'll try to find it a spot in one of my other tanks.

Once I hack back the Didiplis Diandra I'll be able to assess whether I've been able to get rid of the algae sufficiently to start trying to focus on the scape again.

Just got done doing a major overhaul on the scape. I removed the Didiplis Diandra which grows much too fast for this tank, and added it to the 10 gallon instead. I rearranged plants to better take into account their growth habits and removed the Marsilea Minuta, since the Hemiantus Callitrichoides seems to be doing so well for me now.

Attachments

• 17month_full_2_206.jpg
    17month_full_2_206.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 179
About a month ago I lost the last of my two Mosquito Rasboras. I suspect that it died of old age as they were already full grown when I received them. As a result I've been on the lookout for a new inhabitant for this tank. Today I decided that I'd give the Dwarf Puffers another try. Since my CO2 levels are well under control this time around I should have a much better chance with them. I currently have one drip acclimating.

Good luck with that, and I am interested to see how that turns out.. I am looking to start up another nano with something interesting for inhabitants.

The Dwarf Puffer has settled in nicely and seems quite comfortable in it's new home. I'm still working on getting a descent picture of it. My one concern is that I haven't seen it eating yet. I gave it some frozen blood worms (thawed) today and did see it taking some nibbles, so I'm not as concerned as I was. Hopefully it'll be plump and happy in no time.

Five months later and I finally have an updated picture of this aquarium that I'm not embarassed to post. The aquarium seems to be finally coming out of the major algae outbreak and is actually looking halfway presentable again.

I also picked up a second Dwarf Puffer tonight. The first one has been really healthy, active, and quite plump from its diet of snails so I decided it was safe to pick up a second. I even managed to get a picture of the two of them together. Hopefully they'll get along well and if I'm really lucky I'll end up with a male and female.

Attachments

• 22month_full_2_122.jpg
    22month_full_2_122.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 104
  • puffer_3_750.jpg
    puffer_3_750.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 91
They looks awsomely healthy. My only concern would be that you have two in a 2.5gal. But i'm sure it will all work out fine because just look at that amazing tank, and how many hiding spots they have.

I'm fully aware that many recommend only having one Dwarf Puffer per 2.5 gallons. I've also read where the requirements is only perhaps a 1 gallons in a heavily planted tank. Considering how well the first Dwarf Puffer could completely disappear for days on end, I'm hoping that there's enough plants and hardscape to provide plenty of territory for both puffers.

Best case scenerio is that I end up with a male and female which would provide the fewest aggression issues. Second best case scenerio is that I end up with two females which should provide minimal aggression issues. Worst case scenerio is that I end up with two males and I have to find a new home for one.

We'll see how it works out, I'm keeping a close eye on them and will intervene if necessary.

Thanks for the tip Atl300zx, but I've already got that particular site bookmarked. The problem is that the puffers are too young to be sexed at this point.

I figured that might be and issue and also assumed you knew about that site, just thought i would throw it out there.

Hope you get a m/f combo. I just had my first ever fry (platys) born yesterday morning.

I do appreciate the thought and I'm sure it will be useful for anyone interested in the Dwarf Puffers that hasn't found the site yet. If I'm not lucky enough to have a male and female, I still get to have plenty of fun breeding my Cherry Red Shrimp.

New picture. There's still a bit of alge on the Anubias nana 'petite' left over from an algae outbreak caused by neglect. The aquarium is coming back around nicely though and the plants are spreading nicely.

Attachments

• 30Month_Full_2.JPG
    30Month_Full_2.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 173
Joy / Purboxx

I ahve checked out most of your tank logs (in varying degrees of detail)

and was wondering of you could explain what equipment your using inside the tank

Filters
Co2 systems
Heaters

Really want to try and run a small planted tank at work and hoping for more info

Back
Top Bottom