2.5 Nano tank low light concept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcguerra

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today I officially transfered, permanently, my 2 bettas to their official homes (the teiple cube concept). So now I have "behind the scenes" 1 39 gallon tank, 1 10 gallon tank and 2 2.5 tanks.

Since I have 2 Fugerays (R) as spare lights, I am strongly considering making one of them a hassle free, low light aquascape. I was thinking about something very simple, like dwarf hairgrass, some stones and dwarf baby tears. Daily dosage is fine, but no CO2 on this concept.

So here are the plants I have:

Ludwigia repens, cuba, narrow and needle leaf
Rotala colorata
Red cabomba
Green cabomba
Jungle val
Spiral val
Dwarf baby tears
Dwarf hairgrass (parvula)
Baby tears
Red tiger lotus (I managed to split a node, I went from 2 to 5 healthy plants)
Mistery lotus (similar to red tiger, but slow grower and completely green
Blixa Japonica
Blood vomit

Any recommendation for a filtration system?

What plants would do well on such a low tech setup?

Heater?

I am considering making a fancy, colonial style dark wood base and have in my office at work.

Shrimp?

Let's see if anything is doable.

I have 2 of those 2.5 gal with only a little LED light bulb that came with the kit (it's those Petco 2.5 gal BettaBows that come with divider which I took out, light, filter, spare cartridge little pouch of Betta food and another of water conditioner. They even have those in 1 gal which were on sale for 19.99$ couple of woks ago and I couldn't resist getting 2 of those. I also have bigger tank but speaking about small, I have them all heavily planted with Anubias, green and red crypts, dwarf hair grass, moss balls, Christmas Moss, and another kind of moss (gotta look that one up), few different swords, Bleheri (doing surprisingly well with the little light she has) and Ludwigia. Everything is doing great without any special effort. Only started dosien with Leaf Zone a week ago, just because... Until then they were all self sustaining with their fish and stuff in the tiny ecosystems. I'm an avid gardener (outside, earth) and always on a look out for new plants. Aquatics is a new twist of my oldtime hobby

The 39 I would do an ac50 or a small canister. Heater not sure what you want but if you go with the can you could go inline for the heater. As dar as plants I'm still new

I think you might be disappointed with the erio, HC, and DHG in a non-CO2 tank. Of the remaining tanks, almost all of them would probably start to look silly in a small tank like a 2.5g pretty quickly. You might also be underestimating the light on a Fugeray at point blank range

Ok I'm not even trying to pretend I can help I just have a question. Blood vomit?

Hah!!! I just read it again somehow slipped my attention the first time around, and wanted to ask this same question! Too funny!

Back
Top Bottom