2 african dwarf frogs died hours apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought these 2 frogs and for the the first couple days they seemed fine. I saw them eat some live worms that i put in the tank. but today I found one belly up and the other dying (he died a couple hours later) I haven't changed the water since I bought them but I did move some stuff around because I put a piece of driftwood in about a week or two ago that was just set in the tank but not really placed where I wanted it. Would moving a couple things around stress them out so much they died???

And I had a dwarf frog a long time ago and it lived for years. but a friend of mine said shes gotten these frogs and she couldn't keep them alive for nothing. Are they usually hard to keep alive in an aquarium? I want to buy more but not if they're not going to be able to be kept alive.

First thing anyone is going to ask. Is your tank cycled? next: what are your water perimeters? :fish2:

Did you have a way so they could get up out of the water? They usually need air and may have drowned!

I've got four in my 10 gallon tank and I've never had an issue with them.

How big is the tank/how deep?
What are the water parameters?
What else is in the tank?

Did you have a way so they could get up out of the water? They usually need air and may have drowned!

I have them in a 60 gallon and no where to get out. I have a bubble wand going along the back of the tank and another air stone in there. and the day before they were dead/dying they were at the top of the water hanging out in the plants. maybe a 60 gallon is too deep?

I've got four in my 10 gallon tank and I've never had an issue with them.

How big is the tank/how deep?
What are the water parameters?
What else is in the tank?

The tank is probably 2 1/2 feet deep? is my best guess.
parameters are ph 8 everything else 0
I haave quite a bit of fish in there but none that i saw picking on the frogs.
angel
1 honey sunset gourami
3 balloon pearl gourami
3 golden wonder killi
3 black skirt tetra
2 rummy nose tetra
1 boesemani rainbow
the only fish on the bottom are 2 bumblebee gobi and 2 kuhli loach and a bamboo shrimp which hide most the day /:

Yeah i would say so. ADF are notoriously bad swimmers, they might have drowned. 60 gallons is huge for lil' frogies! What do you stock in it? :fish2: woops you just posted it...

Those rainbows are gorgeous you should fill out that shoal. although they can get expensive...

Those rainbows are gorgeous you should fill out that shoal. although they can get expensive...

Yea, They are beautiful! & I really want to get more but all the stores around me have very tiny ones. Im hoping to wait to get ones near the size of the one I have. Hopefully in the next few shipments they get :)

Unfortunately, Id say that the frogs wont work in your tank. They really dont do well in anything deeper than 18 inches, and the more shallow, the better.

Back
Top Bottom