2 Koralia 2s in a 29g - too much flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishjosh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got 2 Koralia 2s in my 29g tank. Is that gonna be too much flow? Should I downsize to the Koralia 1?

What does it look like in your tank. Are the fish looking like they are being blown around? Are corals looking like they are getting blasted?

I have a Koralia 1 and a MJ which is like 250gph and my 40 gallon tank has plenty of flow. Probably a 1 and a nano tops.

That may be a bit much for a 29g. Then again the Koralias provide such gentle flow even though high that it should be ok. That is 1200gph flow in the tank. I have a friend that has a Vortech in his 29g tank. If eveything is doing ok in the tank with the flow then go with it. IF you start to have issues because of the flow you may want to take one of the out.

Well actually I don't have any corals or fish in the tank right now. I just put 44 lbs of live rock in there a couple days ago. I'm just starting my cycling process. I was just wondering from your guys' personal experience. :rolleyes:

If you haven't bought them yet I would change to 2 #1s or 2 nanos.

Well I have 2 nanos already, thought they weren't enough, so I went and bought the 2s. You think the 2 nanos are enough?

I have a 29 and 2 koralia 2s and i think its perfect. I even have a couple of softies, and a hammer coral. they dont get blown around The flow is great.

Yeah, whatever works for you. Right now I have the Koralia 1 in my 46 Bowfront. For now it works in my tank, but I believe I will eventually want to purchase the 2 for a bit more movement.

I have a Koralia 1 which runs in the daytime and a nano which turns on with the LED's. Both are aimed towards the front and slightly up.

Back
Top Bottom