2 RO's 1 Pressure Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect 2 RO unit's to a single pressure tank?

I currently have an RO/DI that is 75 GPD connected to a 20 gal pressure tank.

I also have a 30GPD Culligan RO system that came with my house, that has been disconnected.

I was wanting to connect both RO's to the pressure tank to increase production.. But I don't know if this would work? I mean obviously connecting it is easy, but will the two systems and the automatic shut off valves work properly?

I did just purchase a booster pump to connect to the 75GPD unit, hoping it will give me the water production I need, but if not, then I'm looking at all options.

The problem is the 75GPD unit doesn't put out anything close to 75GPD. My house pressure is 54PSI. So hopefully with the booster pump It should ring in around 74psi? Which will hopefully help my output quite a bit..

Thanks,

-TheChad

The booster pump ought to fix that problem.

However, I see no reason why you couldn't plumb both systems into the pressure tank. You would just need to make sure both systems have an auto shut off valve so the waste line is shut off along with the output.

Do you have a PRV installed on the side of your house where your potable water comes in? If so its possible to turn it up.

I got the booster pump in and installed.

I am getting 79 PSI and 78gpd production from my 75gpd membrane!

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom