20 Gallon Glofish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423865933.311754.jpgwanted to document an update on my tank! I think it's finally established☺️ I've got a few more things comin from Amazon but I don't think I'll need them! Soaked and boiled the driftwood and finally put it and the rest of my plants in. Made some new little caves out of rocks. Exciting to see it near completion ☺️☺️

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

Alright so I've got a question on cycling:
I've been going at it for exactly a month and I'm showing zero nitrites, about 5.0 to 10 nitrates, and a constant rate of .5 ammonia. It's been like this for about a week now and my ammonia will not change at all, it's like the cycle stalled. Am I doing something wrong?
I do 25-50% water changes daily in hopes of lowering ammonia but to no success ? is this normal?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426972251.551169.jpg
I got a canister today! Set her up and everything. I think I'm the only person in Arizona that would squeal in excitement when they get a new filter in the mail ? hopefully the cloudiness will clear up. Gonna let it settle and do a large water change tonight. Time to start the nitrogen cycle over again, but, hopefully with a more efficient filter, it'll be a breeze from the point on.

Back
Top Bottom