20 Gallon Low Light Tank Build Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No insulation. Two zip lock bags with plants wrapped in paper. I also had some dry goods as well (root pellets). Upon opening the delivery box the zip lock bag bundles were VERY cold to the touch. I let them sit out for about an hour to minimize the temperature change. Package left the UPS station at 6:20 am (five miles away would be generous) and the shipment did not arrive at the house until after 1 pm.

My mistake, I read your post wrong! Duh! I thought you said planted aquariums central! (not even close to the company you said)
The guy from planted aquariums central heat seals the plastic bag which contain the plants in the wet newspaper.

Long Overdue Update!!!

Hi guys!!

Its been awhile since I have done a update on my tank! I have been battling leeches in the tank!!:(

I lost a lot of fish. I lost all of the red cherry shrimp and CPDs (celestial pearl danios)!!:banghead:

I also lost 5 habrosus corydoras and the zebra nerite snail!!!:(

I was down to 8 Cardinal tetras, 3 cories, and the red spot nerite snail!! So I took the fish and plants out and did a complete removable of the gravel. hosed the tank down with bleach and super hot water (had to wear oven gloves to hold hose). That was yesterday. It looks like I got rid over them (I hope). The fish are swimming and acting normally.

Water parameters are 0,0, 5ppm

Update pics and/or video tomorrow!!

Looks pretty good. LEECHES?!

Thank you! At least I can get more fish. After the tank keeps on being good fire a couple of Weeks.

Most likely going to add to the habrosus cories trio, maybe 5 more.
I am leaning on getting Microrasboras and/or ember tetras! Maybe 8 individuals of whichever I end up getting.

Not going to get any red cherry shrimp for this tank. Going to setup a 5 gallon just for them. So I can be able to see them more often and active!

Scottyhorse, saw your thread on your crazy dream tank. That is an awesome but expensive idea. Keeping Fingers crossed that you will be able to achieve this tank.

Thank you! At least I can get more fish. After the tank keeps on being good fire a couple of Weeks.

Most likely going to add to the habrosus cories trio, maybe 5 more.
I am leaning on getting Microrasboras and/or ember tetras! Maybe 8 individuals of whichever I end up getting.

Not going to get any red cherry shrimp for this tank. Going to setup a 5 gallon just for them. So I can be able to see them more often and active!

Scottyhorse, saw your thread on your crazy dream tank. That is an awesome but expensive idea. Keeping Fingers crossed that you will be able to achieve this tank.

I like RCS in their own tanks, too, personally. Amanos are the way to go for community tanks.

I am wanting to get some Habrosus, too :) They seem like neat little Cory's.
Microrasboras/Ember Tetras would be a great addition to the tank.

Oh and about that tank, not going to set it up till next year probably!

I like RCS in their own tanks, too, personally. Amanos are the way to go for community tanks.

I am wanting to get some Habrosus, too :) They seem like neat little Cory's.
Microrasboras/Ember Tetras would be a great addition to the tank.

Oh and about that tank, not going to set it up till next year probably!

So I might try Amano shrimp then! Thanks for the tip. You need to get some Habrosus cories they are cute little buggers!!:)
So sad I lost 5 of them!! :(

Do you think the Microrasboras and ember tetras are small enough I can have a small school of both? What you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom