20 Gallon Tall Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to stock my 20 gallon with some colorful fish this time and I need help?
I know that I'm getting a pair of Ram Cichlids. Can I add more than one pairs of Rams in a 20 gallon? What are some cool fish to keep with a pair of Rams? My tank is planted with plenty of hiding spaces as well:fish2:(y):thanks:

I'd only do one pair of Rams. More is asking for trouble.

What about a school of Corydoras?

And maybe some neon tetras?

Caleb

Definitely one pair of Rams
Personally neon tetras have to have soft water if that is available go for it if not a good school of glow light tetras are super easy and some corycats or something along those lines work great

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kuhli loaches! They're very fun and more colorful than most corydoras. You could have 5 or 6 and it would be awesome!

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm told the issue with Rams and Cories is that the Rams will pick a territory on the bottom and the Cories bumble into it again and again and can get beaten up.

If you have a choice, a 20Long has a better footprint for Rams AFAIK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuhli loaches are probably better in that regard as well because they are much better at hiding. Kuhli loaches are experts at staying out of the way.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom