20 Gallon Tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmwalters

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tap aquarium with an Aquaclear 50. Currently has a pair of kribensis, 3 bronze corys, and at one point had a school of 6 pristella tetras. I had one tetra die a while back, I suspect of old age as he was the biggest and my parameters were perfectly fine (0 ammonia, nitrites and 20 nitrates). Last night one of my tetras abandoned ship. And then there were 4. I'm making a trip into the lfs today to put some fish on order for the 10 gallon and I was either gonna pick up a few more pristellas to replenish the 2 lost or a few of something else. Would 2-3 leopard or zebra danios do fine? Or would it be okay to put in a school of some briggitae rasboras (they are on sale right now). Or should I just replace the pristellas.

Well, danios re very active and I only suggest them for a 20g long at least. The rasboras sound like a good idea but I'm not really knowable on those. Also if your looking for color, then flame tetras would work good also. They are on the smaller size and have low bioloads

Well, danios re very active and I only suggest them for a 20g long at least. The rasboras sound like a good idea but I'm not really knowable on those. Also if your looking for color, then flame tetras would work good also. They are on the smaller size and have low bioloads
Thank you! Yeah, one of my biggest criticisms of my tank is that I don't have enough color. I just kind of went with what was at my lfs. I'll have a look in his nano fish tank.

Thank you! Yeah, one of my biggest criticisms of my tank is that I don't have enough color. I just kind of went with what was at my lfs. I'll have a look in his nano fish tank.

Well there are serval small tetras that could work that have plenty of color, I'm a fan I neons and the flame tetras both because they are smaller and have lower bioload.

Back
Top Bottom