20 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem. In general when I help people who don't have a specific fish in mind I suggest a school of small tetras, 3-5 cory cats, and 1 smaller "centerpiece" fish. Usually can't go wrong with that type of stock and you will have plenty of movement at all levels of the tank.

Agreed, for a 20 gallon the old 1 dwarf gourami, 4 tetras, and 4 cories always works. But you have tons of other options. Just google freshwater aquarium fish and go to all the sites and look for fish you like, and read about them.

For a tank that size I'd suggest the standard small starter fish like corydoras, platys, mollies, tetras, debauwi catfish, dwarf gourami, a small selection of any of those would look nice, get along peacefully, and there shouldn't be any problems with overcrowding if you don't get too many

For a tank that size I'd suggest the standard small starter fish like corydoras, platys, mollies, tetras, debauwi catfish, dwarf gourami, a small selection of any of those would look nice, get along peacefully, and there shouldn't be any problems with overcrowding if you don't get too many

Dwarf gourami are beautiful fish. They don't get too big and come in really nice colours. Since you initially wanted an angel, I think gourami would be a great substitute!

Back
Top Bottom