20g fish to cause schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Case72

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently established my 20g tank and it is amazing. What I would like is one last fish that will cause my current fish to school a bit more. Currently the barbs are more likely to stay together than the danios from what I've seen, but they are all over the tank. I know this means they're not stressed which is great, but what's something I can add to keep the fish just a little bit cautious. Here's what I have...

20g high
Top fin 20 filter
Aqua clear 50 filter
Aqua clear 30 power head running across the top

1 gold dubloon Molly
5 danio rerio
5 tiger barb
1 clown pleco

1 cryptocoryne wendtii
1 driftwood
1 rock cave

I know it's pretty much full, but I would like to add 1 more to cause more schooling.

Thanks to any responses!

Ehh, well tiger barbs IMO are Devils so that really cuts down your options. Plus they get3in a piece so I wouldn't add anymore to the tank

I don't believe there are any fish that would safely cause your fish to do what you want, especially in a tank that size.

I added 2 Blue Rams (male and female) and my Glowlight tetras have started staying together more often. My Blue rams do not bother my tetras though, so that might be an option.

Oo ok awesome. So even though they're peaceful fish I guess their presence does what I wanted. Cool, I'll consider them. I would love to get an A. Cacatuoides. Not sure if that would be too aggressive though.

I really wouldn't expect miracles by adding a blue ram. Fish will eventually get used to any new addition and go back to their old behavior. I also wouldn't put a blue ram into anything smaller than a 30g due to how fragile they are.

The A. Cauticoids are nice fish though, I don't think I've ever seen them before.

the fish you choose are loose schoolers meaning they stay in groups but don't swim all the same direction like cardinal tetras do. In a tank your size you aren't going to see much schooling action our of tiger barbs or danios.

Back
Top Bottom