210 FOWLR Build . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks great! i love the blue background! idk if this would look good as i have never done it but what if you put the side that is up against the tank blue as well rather than the white wall?

the canopy and stand look amazing though great job! enjoy that whiskey you deserve it!

Bschowa said:
looks great! i love the blue background! idk if this would look good as i have never done it but what if you put the side that is up against the tank blue as well rather than the white wall?

the canopy and stand look amazing though great job! enjoy that whiskey you deserve it!

Go with black. Everything pops out alot more

wow. I was thinking of building a stand for my tank too, then I saw this...superb job. I was just gonna use some pine and maybe paint it...if you dont mind, how much did the supplies run you?

You can still add a sump and overflow box. Will get all you major equipment out of display tank as well as add volume. You will show no evaporation in display tank either. Not telling you how to build your tank but coming from running sump setup and no sumo setup the ease and advantages are unbelievable. All I'm saying is consider it now when it is easy to add to setup. I'm sure a tank can fit in that cabinet for a sump

The Fluval Canister, 3 of the skimmers, 2 of the powerheads, the sand, salt mix, etc are in - so, I'm thinking I am gonna fill the tank up on Monday and get everything running without any live rock. Then the plan is to A) Wait until I get the $ and order a bunch of live rock or B) Buy some from folks taking their tanks down (Craigslist). I looked at a few local aquarium stores and their "live" rock looks like dry base rock that just got thrown in water.

BinxBolling said:
The Fluval Canister, 3 of the skimmers, 2 of the powerheads, the sand, salt mix, etc are in - so, I'm thinking I am gonna fill the tank up on Monday and get everything running without any live rock. Then the plan is to A) Wait until I get the $ and order a bunch of live rock or B) Buy some from folks taking their tanks down (Craigslist). I looked at a few local aquarium stores and their "live" rock looks like dry base rock that just got thrown in water.

Baserock will do the job too. It's only a week difference in cycle time give or take a couple days. You can get 200lbs for $340 with shipping.

Back
Top Bottom