220g planted-newly rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so mesmerized!! I just picked up a 150g to create a biotope- I love the detail in your plant lists! Thanks a ton!!

I'm so mesmerized!! I just picked up a 150g to create a biotope- I love the detail in your plant lists! Thanks a ton!!

Well come on over and join the new thread then you can watch how the tank is going to change over the next months!

Beautiful tank Rivercats. I am in the process of setting up a 125 gallon planted. I have a 20 gallon already set up its been running for a couple of months now and like your first one its all green and I am looking to put some color in it. I really love the colorful plants you have. What kind are they? Do you already have a list somewhere in the thread? Thanks.

Thanks! Here's a list from the tank then:

Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides'
Proserpinaca Palustris
Myriophyllum tuberculatum
Nesaea pedicellata 'Golden'
Rotala macrandra
Rotala Wallichii
Bacopa Australis
Anubias barteri v. Nana
Bolbitus heudelotii
Pogostemon helferi
Java Fern, Lace (Microsorium pteropus v. Windelov)
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Florida Sunset'
Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri)
Cryptocoryne Parva
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Bronze (Cryptocoryne wendtii v. Tropica)
Amazon Sword (Echinodorus bleheri)
Corkscrew Val
*Adding soon: Ludwigia ovalis & Anubias Pygmy Nana

Here is a link to the list that was recently added in another rescape.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html.

Thanks! Here's a list from the tank then:

Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides'
Proserpinaca Palustris
Myriophyllum tuberculatum
Nesaea pedicellata 'Golden'
Rotala macrandra
Rotala Wallichii
Bacopa Australis
Anubias barteri v. Nana
Bolbitus heudelotii
Pogostemon helferi
Java Fern, Lace (Microsorium pteropus v. Windelov)
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Florida Sunset'
Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri)
Cryptocoryne Parva
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Bronze (Cryptocoryne wendtii v. Tropica)
Amazon Sword (Echinodorus bleheri)
Corkscrew Val
*Adding soon: Ludwigia ovalis & Anubias Pygmy Nana

Here is a link to the list that was recently added in another rescape.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html.

Thanks for the list, I appreciate it.

Hi Rivercats,

Can you comment in the thread "dumps v canister" I know you are familiar with large planted display tanks and how to filter them.
Thanks.

About 4-6 months due to the height of the tank (30"), the types of plants used, and how many times they have to be trimmed to make plantings bushier. The tank is over a year and this was the second big rescape on it. I recently did another rescape and started a thread so others could follow how long and the proceedure of plants going from newly planted to fully mature and thick. Here's the link if you want to follow.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939.html

Just thought I'd post a link to the new thread's page that has pic's of all the new plants that have been added. For those not following that thread I have removed all of the Corkscrew Val and both large Amazon Swords along with a few of the stem plant groupings in order to add a ton of new and not seen too often plants. The tank is so much brighter and the color of the new plants even at 4" tall is amazing. The tank is headed towards a heavily influenced Dutch Style. Link.... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/rivercats-220g-transformation-journal-248939-23.html

What ferts do you use and what intervals? I'm trying to get my high light tank figured out and figured you're a good model :) Also how many hours each day for your lights? Thank you for your help! And your tank looks great!

What ferts do you use and what intervals? I'm trying to get my high light tank figured out and figured you're a good model :) Also how many hours each day for your lights? Thank you for your help! And your tank looks great!

I dose dry ferts from GLA via PPS-Pro daily. I have a dual T5HO and HID Metal Halide fixture so I run the T5HO's 10 hours (this is very low light) and the Halides 6 hours only. You have to be very careful to get a high light tank balanced between the lights, CO2 or liquid carbon, and ferts. There is a link a couple posts up from this one with a link to my current thread on this tank. It has changed alot since these pic's were posted in December. PM me if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom