220g planted-newly rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a link to the album with all of today pic's. Sorry for the haze but after doing some ripping out and replanting and then having my Fluval FX5 out for over a week and then adding all new media including new bio-media I'm having a bit of a haze due to bacteral bloom. I'm hoping it will be gone in the next day or two.

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 12-1-2012

My god its stunning !!!! What a beautiful aquarium thanks for sharing all the pics :)

Thanks guys! It is finally almost the way I want it... just alittle more growing and I think I might have it.

Rivercats, I LOVE when you put the name of the plants as the caption for your photo. Helps me learn what looks good with each other and what I want to research more about. Thanks!

Rivercats, I LOVE when you put the name of the plants as the caption for your photo. Helps me learn what looks good with each other and what I want to research more about. Thanks!

I figured after so many people asked for names after the original post it might be smart to put names. Glad it helped at least one person :brows:

There is one plant that I suggest you not try and that is the yellow plant called Nesaea pedicellata 'Golden'. Its a beautiful plant but comes as emmersed growth and it takes freaking forever to finally get its immersed leaves. I had to cut it back and replants tops so many times I can't remember before it finally is taking off. It's been 3-4 months now. Not something I would recommend lightly.

I have a total of 3 little purple flowers now on my Cabomba Furcata today and you can see many more are coming. Also have an Anubia Nana sending up a flower. Quite a nice little surprize.

I have a total of 3 little purple flowers now on my Cabomba Furcata today and you can see many more are coming. Also have an Anubia Nana sending up a flower. Quite a nice little surprize.

Nice one !!!! Marvellous tank this Rivercats :) thanks again for complimenting my planted 10 gallon !!

Just alittle update to show how much the plants have filled in. Hopefully another 4-6 weeks and all the plants will reach the surface.

Attachments

• Full with halides 8.jpg
    Full with halides 8.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 275
Just alittle update to show how much the plants have filled in. Hopefully another 4-6 weeks and all the plants will reach the surface.

Rivercats, what's the plant just right of center in the very front with a bluish green color. Looks like there is a moss just above or in it.

Rivercats, what's the plant just right of center in the very front with a bluish green color. Looks like there is a moss just above or in it.

That is a Crypt Wendtii Bronze with Fissidens Fontanus Moss on the DW above it.

Breathtaking. I love the way the lights can be angled in the fixture. I'm a big fan of directional light.

Those are the 3 HID Metal Halides. They make plants grow great in deep tanks but taking pic's with them on is hard. They give the plants in their direct light a major glare in pic's but not if your looking at the tank. Some day I'll figure out how to take correct pic's with these lights. I know there has to be a trick to it.

Back
Top Bottom