24 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also is touching these or any live rock ok? As I've only just discovered your supposed to wear gloves, also asking cause my daughter somehow got into the box my live rock come in while I was out. I didnt feel any stings an she disnt have any but just like to ask.....I panic a bit over silly things.

Starchar said:
Probably going to need to see some closer pictures for an identification.

Here is a closer pic it's the tentacle type things to the left of the picture

image-2816189668.jpg

Is there any need to be using my protein skimmer yet? Not turned it on yet as no point till fish are in I thought. Here is a pic with sand in, hopefully it should only take a few days to cycle then do final tests before adding a clean up crew

image-2458508039.jpg

I would say that you dont need a protein skimmer because you don't need one with a 24 gallon tank.

Belladog0 said:
I would say that you dont need a protein skimmer because you don't need one with a 24 gallon tank.

But it I got one going spare would it be better to use it? I'll be doing a 10% water change every week

Closer picture of the unidentified tenticlr
Would they poss be vermatid snails?? As I am getting what looks like cobwebs appear in the tank

image-3330628222.jpg

Also found these too

image-1769476200.jpg

Attachments

• image-2788373796.jpg
    image-2788373796.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 84
Day 2 of cycle and water is looking crystal. Should it look this clear already?

image-2805258462.jpg

Keeping the lights off at all times and not yet done any tests yet as not in a major rush. Will be doing them tomorrow I have a reef master test kit and a saltwater master test kit from api! So far so gd, temp is a stable 25 degrees :)

M1cky69 said:
Also is touching these or any live rock ok? As I've only just discovered your supposed to wear gloves, also asking cause my daughter somehow got into the box my live rock come in while I was out. I didnt feel any stings an she disnt have any but just like to ask.....I panic a bit over silly things.

Touching the rock should be fine. Certain corals(zoas and others) can be dangerous to handle if you have a cut on your hand, otherwise I think it's only a minor skin irritation if you are allergic to it.

Tank looks great, you're gonna love the salt life. I just started a 28g after Christmas and I can't wait to be able to upgrade :angel:

Thanks Hun, yer I am already thinking about a larger fish only or fowlr! Just to keep some of the larger fish like blue tangs and I'd love a lion fish, they are an ultimate for me! Why is fish keeping addictive haha

Man I don't know, I've been sitting here plotting a reason just to get my old 20 g running again. I imagine a coke addition would be cheaper. Lol

Haha good point! Use your 20g for a seahorse reef tank if your experienced enough. I'm thinking about a 100g tank next.

Well my salt stuff is at my house, and my freshwater is at my boyfriends, so I'll probably make the 20 something fresh for right now.
What is your stick list for this tank? Or have you got that far yet?

I have got the same tank as you, just had a clown swim up one of the pipes that's comes out of the pump some how, got stuck and my first clown has died :(

rebelyeller89 said:
Well my salt stuff is at my house, and my freshwater is at my boyfriends, so I'll probably make the 20 something fresh for right now.
What is your stick list for this tank? Or have you got that far yet?

I plan to stock this with a pair of clowns, maybe a gramma royal and a clean up crew ......not much due to the siZe of the tank but this is my first reef tank so don't wanna have large bio loads.

Yeah I always keep my tanks under stocked. I'm thinking a pair of clowns, a goby of some kind, and one or two other fish. For myself that is.
The waiting is what kills you. :)

Haha I hear that! Mine has only been cycling for a day and a half and I'm getting impatient lol! Won't Impulse buy though as wanna do this right! Done that mistake with my first Freshwater tank :(

Boolay1978 said:
I have got the same tank as you, just had a clown swim up one of the pipes that's comes out of the pump some how, got stuck and my first clown has died :(

One idea would be to tie some netting over them so pump can pump out but small fish can't get in!? I shall be doing that when it comes to it

Yeah going to get some tomorrow, the shop I bought mine from had it set up with some very flat attachment on the end so I will ask if they have that first failing that will get some netting. So annoyed can't work out how he got up there in the first place.

Yea I seen them too but didn't come with the tank oddly enough! I might try researching where to get them from

Back
Top Bottom