25 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up some neon tetras today, letting them acclimate right now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Letting the neons settle in, gonna pick up some cory cats next. Not sure which ones I want. Also thinking of a centerpiece, any ideas?

FYI I will be subscribing. But a German blue ram or dwarf gourami would be a nice centerpiece and still leave room for other fish.

As far as cories I personally like pygmaeus or harbrosus, active and fun to watch!

How many neons did you get?

I had 3 in the tank so I got 4 more

I was thinking about a dwarf gourami, had one in my 10 gallon and he was really cool

How many are you planning total? They do better in a larger group and look better too!

After I get about 6 or 7 cories I'll see if I want to add more neons

I actually can't decide between cory cats or kuhli loaches, any advice?

Cory cats are active and clean the bottom well as they are scavengers...my personal favorite is pandas but they like a bit cooler. Keep my tank at 78...

I like pearl gourami but not sure it would fit...
Maybe a dwarf flame gourami the pretty red ones...

Kuhlis are one of my favorite fish, I had a group that lived for close to 10 years! They definitely have to be in a group though, otherwise they'll hide.

Alright definitely getting cories haha, any suggestions on species and school size?

Also I can't seem to keep my water clear, it keeps going green. Any advice? I can take picture if needed.

Also I can't seem to keep my water clear, it keeps going green. Any advice? I can take picture if needed.

Green water? How long are you running your lights for? Reduce lighting to only six hours a day, buy a timer.

In a 25g I'd have a big school of neons, some sort of centerpiece fish (gourami?), and a large group of habrosus or pygmaeus. Not only*are they small but they're very active in all parts of the aquarium. I currently only have 4 pygmaeus but they're a group of clowns...looking forward to seeing how they act when my order of 8 more arrives next week :D

Back
Top Bottom