250 Gal photo log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So excited man, I cant wait to see what you do with this thing.. 250g!!! Do you know what type of tank you are doing yet? Community, chichlids? semi aggressive? planted!? Sorry if I missed this in your previous post

Edit:

Read your stock list I forgot about, you thinking of doing planted in that tank.. it would look like.. a forest! Could go low-tech so that CO2 system doesn't cost you a fortune.

So excited man, I cant wait to see what you do with this thing.. 250g!!! Do you know what type of tank you are doing yet? Community, chichlids? semi aggressive? planted!? Sorry if I missed this in your previous post

Edit:

Read your stock list I forgot about, you thinking of doing planted in that tank.. it would look like.. a forest! Could go low-tech so that CO2 system doesn't cost you a fortune.

As of right now I've got an amazon sword that I've completely neglegted and is flourrishing that'll be transfered over but I may do some attached moss to the 3ft long driftwood I got for it. I don't want to take a whole bunch of time worrying about plants and if I want to throw some in later I will but I kinda just plug and play with those things. I'm more of a rock and wood kinda guy although I do appreciate the aquascaped tanks.

Ill be finishing the staining of the doors tommorrow and I've decided to cut a viewing square instead of the circles on the sides. I just think that a tank that big should utilize all the viewing space avail. so I may be making those cuts tommorrow. Also I plan on framing up those viewing squares so it will look like a picture into the tank. Hope to get a lot done tommorrow

So I got the little portholes cut out, the whole stand sanded and staind.

SDC11463.jpg

Wasnt able to order the fx5's and i cant find the heaters anywhere around here so im going to start my hunt for them online.

Thanks!!, thats only coat one on the stain cuz now it looks like 70's wood panels, but ive already done the doors and by coat 3 theyll be good!! :)

That stand has been TRANSFORMED, it looks absolutely amazing. I can not wait to see it filled.

Thanks!! Ill be moving everything inside next wednesday. Im working on one of the filters now on ebay and if i win that it should be up beginning of next month.

Bummed out

So i ordered my heaters and just got an email today saying marineland ceased all sales of the stealth 300w heaters due to a defect. My order was canceled(atleast i was told) so now im back to no heaters. I think im going to get 2 250w stealths and see how well that goes.

Its official, I am jealous! I dont even need to see the tank and stand together. Seeing that stand, I scraped myself on my zipper;)

can you elaborate on the heaters? i have a 300w in my 150g, just wondering if this is some kind of recall or a manufacturing flaw that just came about

Back
Top Bottom