250 Gal photo log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might want to consider adding the dechlor before you add the water back in.

I add mine in at the end when i do my water changes. As long as you dont leave it for a long time without being treated, its fine. I prefer to wait, just in the event that somehow it all gets diluted too much or something (just a thought i had)

I got two of the bottom doors done and on cuz im tired of finding my wifes pocket dog hiding in there and because i wanted to get something done before i go camping this weekend. Also, i got one of my heaters in and the other should be here today.

SDC11495.jpg

pocket dog? wth is that? sounds like fishing bait.

My wife wants a purse pooch, I am looking at german shephards, figure itll protect her purse ,right?

nice stand too, I got mine framed out so far, need to add support fillers in today and go get my 3/4" ply and the rest of the stuff to get it up and running. this salt creep is hard to clean but its coming out fairly easy with hot vinegar.

well done on the stand.

Its a chiuaua or however you spell it. Drives me nuts!!

After putting my doors I sat and listened for a minute and you can actually hear the stand settling in, my entertainment center did the same thing when we got our 67", at first it catches you off guard but I feel better when it settles in anyways.

White devil send me a link to your build if you have it up.

Let me pump the vinegar(150gallons) out of the tank and I will snap some pics.

my stand is short though, maybe 24" max height. I dont have my filler supports in though yet so its almost framed out(using 2x4 strength to support the weight not the screws)

still pumping, only 4-6 more inches left to go. sunterra fountain pumps are pretty decent little water movers I must say.

I got a sunterra pump that came with a nasty tank I picked up, cleared 40 gallons out in less then 40 minutes though which was nice, now its the 1" of water to deal with and then vacuuming out what live sand was left over.

Im gonna take out the garbage then take pics, im going right now so hang on a bit

ok took like 3 or 4 pics real quick.

uploading now. I will PM you the link, I am not in the mood to do a build thread today.

So, Im back from a weekend of camping in 30 degree weather and now i have a head cold..awesome!!! I did however pull 300+ lbs of shale rock off a mountain. Over 4 huge flat pieces and tons of other stacking pieces. They need to be cleaned bad and some chipped down to reduce weight but i will take some pics after im done. I also picked up 250lbs of premium play sand from lowes as ive exhausted ALL outlets in my area for PFS (the sand i did find looked just like play sand..not even close to white). I know ive said it before but i SHOULD be able to afford one of the fx5's and my 2 big pieces of malaysian dw this friday ;)

Get a wet/dry or DIY one. Its so much easier and filters so much better then any other filter ive owned.

I got like 50+ pounds of shale this morning from Lowryder, pretty dense stuff, tons and tons of chips which will give me cave walls and such.

Cleaning is indeed needed bad, tons and tons of dead bugs in the cracks of this stuff, but I do like how this stuff breaks alot more then slate.( I live close to and camp at the vermillion river, one of the only slate bed rivers in the area. and its over 100 miles away) I am going to have some fun with it thats for sure, look for a new silicone dispenser after I get done with this caulk gun fiasco.

I would get a wet/dry but i dont have room. Underneath the tank its split up in 3 sections with the middle having shelves and for a 250 gal tank i wouldnt have enough room to fit an adequate filter.

I have no room under my stand, built it for structural integrity rather then storage. I am knocking a hole or a few holes 3"+ in the wall and mounting the filtration and Co2 in a whole nother room. With durso standpipes this thing will run 100% quiet. and thats a must.

I move my center supports 4" inward today, forgot to install them with the tank hole measurements and well oops, Im just glad the tank wasnt on it when I realized it. I can kick myself in the butt, Ive been perfecting it for 30 years lol.

Nice!! You are certainly lucky you dont have the tank on there.

haha if i knocked a hole in the wall Id prob get evicted since im renting and i would have a wet/dry filter on top of my 67" tv. haha

or turn the 67" into the wet/dry OoOoOo thats a divorce.

you can do it just gotta repair before you leave, crap remind me, I gotta build my UGJ system this week.

I know of one, its two stories, both floors and ceilings are solid concrete, tornado proof apartments.

That is awsome where did you find such a big tank? My next find will be from a grarge sale probably. Unless I hit the loto some how lol. Can't wait to see pictures when its done.

Back
Top Bottom