250 Gal photo log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cleaning a bunch of driftwood. dont know of any lfs in vegas there not many around here lol

you need a horse trough for a pile of wood then.

When I was living in SD, there were GREAT lfs's around, talked to my cousin today and he said he has to drive to escondido for quality livestock. he lives down in coronado.

in the 90s there was 10,000 around here a couple years ago it was 5k and now its even less. the few good ones i knew have closed. yes there still are a fair amount but i tend to get all my stuff now at my local fish club or wholesalers.

have your cousin check this fish club out San Diego Tropical Fish Society.

ok i will no longer kill your thread lol

its just bronco fan's thread. Im sure he is chasing purse pooch out from under the stand still

My old man was part of that club in the 80's

Haha nope I put the doors on so purse pooch has ben denied access!! What's better for big pieces of wood, baking or just soaking in hot water?

I always soak in hot hot water then let it air dry pending outside temps, if not we get this thing called snow and when that stuff is around I always bake it.

Dont use a BBQ....trust me.

it really dont need to do anything to it. if oyu want to leech out the tannins soaking it in water is fine.

I figured it was outside, I could just wrap it in foil and bake it, yeah......needless to say I made a campfire out of a propane grill

Time to bust out the marshmallows!!! LMAO! Too funny! Reminds me of when my husband was bbq'ing once, and he managed to light a mud puddle on fire. "Ummm, hello? Let's kick the lighter fluid usage down a few notches, mmmkay?" LOL

Nope, just bake the wood, but it took a good 2 days of solid buffing to get the stainless steel back to silver instead of black.

Just another idiot idea of mine. Then again when i was 15 I threw a hefty trash bag(black one) full of black powder on a campfire.......just to see the flash and mushroom cloud.

I figured wrapped in foil it would literally bake, but flames were coming out of the foil...

Sarah, people are practically giving away big tanks right now, I got a 210 glass drilled tank with 55g sump, all plumbing AND AO smith 3000gph pump for 700 cash.

ya i just looked on crags list they have a 75 gallon for 100 bucks :crazyeyes: thought about it but my hubby would kill me and it was just the tank i would have to build a stand

Well guys, bad news!!! Thinks are not looking good for the pocket book. Ive got to get the dogs spayed and the wife has planned our first anniversary vacation for sooner than i had thought which ultimately means.........the tank is going to have to wait a few months. Sorry for the buzz kill, but you certainly are not as disappointed as i am. My ears will still be to the street if I can find some killer deals on my fx's but as it stands right now ive got everything except the filters and my final piece of dw. Sorry guys!!!

Ok....then wait. its YOUR tank man not ours, sure its great eye candy but life is life. Keep the homefront happy.

send me the filter models you want and what you are looking for in DW, if I gotta cure it myself I can help ya out. Stuff is free for the pickings and we got some nice hardwoods over this way.

Id really start ticking her off by putting pictures of fish and plants and rocks and stuff in there, LOL. She will think youve gone mad.

Back
Top Bottom