29 bowfront from goldfish to my pride and joy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feeding time can be funny [emoji23] IMG_0736.jpg

Pleco loves his wafers, and the harlequins pick floaters off the current
The Betta, sir Munch a Lot, is crowding in to see if it's edible [emoji23]

Heheh. My betta picks up the catfish wafers and carries them around while the corys wander after him waiting for him to drop it.

My son wants a shrimp tank now

I have decided to upgrade to the 38bowfront when the goldfish go home, and let him use my 29

I'm considering khuli loaches :)

Well, after yet more fish turned up sick, I have decided to bleach the tank

Meds haven't helped and I am tired of losing stock

I'm down to only 3-4 fish per school of neons, wcmm, harlequins now:(

Threw everything into the ten gallon and I have the 29 soaking in a bleach solution

No smell today

I think I will let it dry a bit before adding fresh water and Prime

Will clean the goldfish tank and add the pleco and boiled driftwood now that the (bleached) heater has brought the tank up to 73.

Pleco now resides in the 38gallon

It's more suitable for him in the long run, as he will have more space and a lower temperature, in mid-70s :)

I put his driftwood in and he's happy

I had to rescue the Betta from the qt tank, as nitrates spiked and he is missing a chunk of tail fin

He's going to need clean water to heal, so I made a scratch tank from an inverted 4l water bottle held by a second 4l, weighted down by rocks

Image1490469875.032072.jpg

I'm hunting for a pattern to create a diy filter so I can put him in the 29....he'd have to endure a fish-in cycle but it's better than a bottle and I'm anal about water changes

Just heard a report here and one from someone else that the Angels Plus sponge filter/seeded media worked perfectly, might want to check it out.

I'll look into it

I need new media, and I'm running out of stuff that I can pull out of the goldfish filters lol

They have alot of fans on another forum. I never heard of them till then. Its all the rage

I think I'll go sponge filter this time for the rebuild on the 29, and add leaf plants

The little blue guy has a knack for damaging his fins, so I want to "toddler proof" the tank
I'm also going to use potting soil capped with sand, to provide the swords decent nutrition for growth

Works well for many people. My wonder on that though is getting enough soil in there to replicate an environment. (just my musings, no response necessary) For example of the Sword they would have a massive root system in soil, and after a few months you would need to feed them anyway.

Yes... I was wondering that too

I might pot them and make a pottery maze for the Betta [emoji848]

I finished cleaning up the 29 today and put him in with a diy filter

I'm going to leave the water low because of the lid crack, so I will use a sponge filter Image1490552042.652930.jpgImage1490552098.998961.jpg

Soil and cap it is then

I plan to go swords and Anubis, so I expect a good root system will cover the bottom as they settle in. I want to stuff some red clay in there too if I can find it.

Oh, and since I will have a low water level, I can have lucky bamboo and Brazilian swords(peace lily) without poisoning the cats [emoji192]

Tidied up the diatoms, and got the sponge filter today

Betta tank is looking great [emoji5]

I'll run the diy for a few days, then maybe replace it with a sword plant to fill the empty space

I'd love to show a pic, but apparently I have breached my quota? Can't post any more photos

The Betta has a sponge filter now

His tank has passed the ammonia phase and still in nitrite phase....shows nitrates now

If I can figure out a way to link this to my fishlore thread, I will put up a pic

Back
Top Bottom