29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Parameters:
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia: 3
Nitrite: .75
Nitrate: 80-160
So... ?

Did you dose up to 4ppm last night?

If the pH drop did shock your bacteria, they can take a few days to get back to work, but if you've already gone from 4ppm down to 3...that's a good sign.

I'm surprised your no3 is that high with all the pwc's you've been doing, but that shows there's definitely some conversion going on...also good news :)

Nothing to do now but sit back and wait. Just test and dose ammo back up when needed.

Hey, at least the pH didn't plummet again, lol.

eco23 said:
Did you dose up to 4ppm last night?

If the pH drop did shock your bacteria, they can take a few days to get back to work, but if you've already gone from 4ppm down to 3...that's a good sign.

I'm surprised your no3 is that high with all the pwc's you've been doing, but that shows there's definitely some conversion going on...also good news :)

Nothing to do now but sit back and wait. Just test and dose ammo back up when needed.

Hey, at least the pH didn't plummet again, lol.

I did dose up last night. :) phew, no Ph plummet, and no water changes. I'm happy! And severum... Gotta wait till mom gets done working. Then we can talk. :)

Ok, here are some updated pics of the anarchis growing, the algae fuzz stuff on my driftwood, and a full tank shot. I'm thinking when I get my plants I'll take the DW out and scrub it. It's annoying lol. I've also got green algae growing on the big rock. I'd do the split photo period... But
A. The tanks in my room and
B. I'm deathly afraid my pleco wont have enough to eat. Lol.

Attachments

• image-962874596.jpg
    image-962874596.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2527662478.jpg
    image-2527662478.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3378194666.jpg
    image-3378194666.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3322167620.jpg
    image-3322167620.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-654339589.jpg
    image-654339589.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 61
I like the green algae, but the fuzz on the driftwood is gross. Ok... I've been looking at this stupid fuzz for too long. I'm scrubbing it... Tonight!!!

30 inch Compact fluorescents. Stock lighting I guess. I also let it have full sun access. The sun is basically what keeps my plants alive lol.

Homedog98 said:
I like the green algae, but the fuzz on the driftwood is gross. Ok... I've been looking at this stupid fuzz for too long. I'm scrubbing it... Tonight!!!

Ah, the fuzz is gone!!! It looks loads better!

Ok, sorry for the off topic-ness. I'm hoping to add anarchis soon and was just wondering.

Oh it's no problem at all! I'm still learning too! Feel free to learn from my mistakes lol.

30 inch Compact fluorescents. Stock lighting I guess. I also let it have full sun access. The sun is basically what keeps my plants alive lol.

Im willing to bet that this is why the white stuff is growing on you dw... if your tank has true direct sunlight hitting it for extended periods, it will cause some unforseen algae/ moss vrowth..

The fuzzy white stuff on the driftwood is a fungus. It's very common and typically goes away on its own. Nothing to worry about.

negligent_inmate said:
Im willing to bet that this is why the white stuff is growing on you dw... if your tank has true direct sunlight hitting it for extended periods, it will cause some unforseen algae/ moss vrowth..

Me too lol. I don't mind it too bad though. You just scrub it off when it gets bad. The green algae on my rock looks really cool though! I like it! (and I bet my pleco will like it too! Lol)

severum mama said:
The fuzzy white stuff on the driftwood is a fungus. It's very common and typically goes away on its own. Nothing to worry about.

Cool. I scrubbed it off anyway lol. Glad to know it's not hurtful!

im with you on that lol.. sunlight, if uncontrolled, can screw up a tank pretty bad but if its controlled..its beneficial :) plus your plec will loveee the algae lol

negligent_inmate said:
im with you on that lol.. sunlight, if uncontrolled, can screw up a tank pretty bad but if its controlled..its beneficial :) plus your plec will loveee the algae lol

Ya, I just lower my blinds if it gets too bad. It does a good job.

Ok, more parameters:
Ph: 6.4-6.6 (Grrr, but at least it's like my tap water)
Ammonia: 0-.25 :D
Nitrite: 5 (Grrr!!!)
Nitrate: 80-160 (closer to 160)
So... I'm guessing that Ph crash caused a mini cycle. Well poo. Lol. Water change and dose back up?

Ok, more parameters:
Ph: 6.4-6.6 (Grrr, but at least it's like my tap water)
Ammonia: 0-.25 :D
Nitrite: 5 (Grrr!!!)
Nitrate: 80-160 (closer to 160)
So... I'm guessing that Ph crash caused a mini cycle. Well poo. Lol. Water change and dose back up?

It just slowed you down a bit, but no big deal. Pwc and redose :)

Back
Top Bottom