29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did some trimming and messing around with co2 this evening. I decided to use the filter as my diffusion source so the nice ceramic diffuser I bought is just holding the tube bwlow the intake. I might give it a day and reattach the hose to the diffuser without any holes. I did a major trim on the anacharis and replanted the tops, give it a week or so and it will be back to the top :(, and i trimmed the tall rosettes on the amazon sword. Object of the sword trin was to make it shorter and fuller(not sure if that will work or not).

This is what happens when I am done with homework and have nothing to do :whistle:

I also have the promised pictures...

Top view of star repens

Front view of star repens

FTS

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank is looking good. Next time you are at PetSmart look for Bacopa caroliniana (Lemon Bacopa). This plant does well in low to high light. Fast grower with a bright lime green color. Responds well to trimming. It is a hardy plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Coming together nicely!! I grew the coralina at one point, looked very nice in a taller tank, i liked it because it stayed a little more tame than say my rotala rotundifolia which creeps and pops up on the other side of the tank :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys, the plamt rack was surprisingly full yesterday. I think I saw the bacopa caroliniana there yesterday.

Where would you guys reccomended putting the bacopa? I have 2 areas i think it would work but not sure. Either midground left of DW or pullRd some anacharis by the sword and put the bacopa in its place.

I am probably going to do a RAOK in the spring and give away some of the anacharis. It grows insanely fast, and I am out of room to replant the tops.

How well does the trimmed anacharis sprout new growth? If it is so-so, then I would remove it and put the Bacopa there. Along the back behind the DW.
When you start adding plants, some of the existing patches may need to be scaled down.

Do you mean the part that is cut free and replanted or the bottom part?

Edit: If the bacopa only gets to ~12inches I can just pull some of the anacharis along the side of my tank, and put the bacopa there.

Do you mean the part that is cut free and replanted or the bottom part?

Edit: If the bacopa only gets to ~12inches I can just pull some of the anacharis along the side of my tank, and put the bacopa there.

The bottom part.

I will check when I get home, It is really thick so its hard to tell without up rooting the plants. Might end up doing that though so I can thin it out

Ok so I have probably 4 or 5 bunches that have multiple stems on them. I want to give the replanted stems another week before I put them into the 10 gallon. I had to move an oto into the 10 gallon tank because he couldn't move in the 29. Hopefully he will make it but im not sure.

I am having trouble with GSA on the glass and DW. What is the best way to ge rid of it?

7 hours. I heard GSA can be caused by a deficiency but don't remember what

7 hours. I heard GSA can be caused by a deficiency but don't remember what

Phosphates.
I need to wipe down my glass every 3-4 days. Maybe sooner.
On the manzanita DW it's sometimes like a who's who of algae growing on there.

Ok...i will just air guitar my algae magnet to AC/DC then...

I decided to hook up the diffuser how so there where no holes jn the tube. Getting bubbles out of it, and those bubbles go straight to the filter where they are promptly ground up. No bubbles in output, and the DC was a light lime green

Ok...i will just air guitar my algae magnet to AC/DC then...

I decided to hook up the diffuser how so there where no holes jn the tube. Getting bubbles out of it, and those bubbles go straight to the filter where they are promptly ground up. No bubbles in output, and the DC was a light lime green

Careful! ! Almost lost a finger that way. .. do you have over of those fancy magnet wipers? They are a blessing to the gda on my glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used to keep my algae magnets in the tank until I got called out for having algae covered algae magnets. How ironic. After cleaning them, I keep them next to the tank now.
Glad you could get the diffuser to work with DIY. I could never get the psi high enough for this (I was impatient or I had leaks). You should see improved growth with your plants.

Yea brookster it is one of the fancy ones. Figured my arm is wet at least every other day im going to splurge.

My little oto died last night in the 10 gallon ?

What is GDA?

I find it funny that back when I started this tank i didn't like the look of amy plant color besides green...now i have red and will have more in the future

I'm thinking of buying a few MTS because I have noticed in some spots my substrate is is loose in some spots, and packed down in others.

Is this green beard algae?

What type of green would you guys call this?

Can I cut these air roots off?

FTS

Back
Top Bottom