29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Once the ludwigia comes in the back will look alot better. Still waiting on the lfs to call about the fish and plant, but I might just head down Sunday and see what I see.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ludwigia from slightly above. It is alot more one the underside of the leafs.

FTS

So what does everyone think of the ludwigia splitting the green in the back??

What is the plants in the right front corner?
Thanks

Star repens from a Petsmart gel pack. That is all one pack, and some of the roots have reached the bottom glass and are spreading along in thats after 3 weeks I think. I can take a top view picture of it when I get home later today if you want.

Star repens from a Petsmart gel pack. That is all one pack, and some of the roots have reached the bottom glass and are spreading along in thats after 3 weeks I think. I can take a top view picture of it when I get home later today if you want.

Thanks! Im on a mission today!

Hey wrangler,

Not to rub it in, but I went to PetSmart yesterday and found some AR. Going to put it in my tank today hopefully. So keep trying! Or you can wait until mine grows out a bit and I'll send you some.

Your tank looks so nice. I want to try star repens again. They didn't have that at the store but yours looks lush and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It took 3 stores but I found them!

Can't wait to see them in your tank! Root tabs underneath and you should be set!

Hey wrangler,

Not to rub it in, but I went to PetSmart yesterday and found some AR. Going to put it in my tank today hopefully. So keep trying! Or you can wait until mine grows out a bit and I'll send you some.

Your tank looks so nice. I want to try star repens again. They didn't have that at the store but yours looks lush and healthy.

I think that the one by me just doesn't carry the AR because I didn't see a spot for it on the rack. Was it in the gel tube or gel back?
The bacopa is taking a turn for the better now, all stems have atleast an inch of new growth and the longest has 2 inches :)

AR should be in the gel pack. Others I've seen (not all at the same time) include: Cyperus helferi, Downoi, star repens, DHG, crypt undulata, crypt balansae, crypt wendtii (red & green), Bacopa carolinina, and needle leaf Ludwigia.
Your tank has really evolved since you started this thread. That's part of the fun of it.

In the gel packs I saw: DHG, lemon bacopa, star repens, anubias nana petite, assorted crypts, crypt wenditti "red" and "green", and one other plant that wasn't AR.

Thanks for the compliment fresh! I still laugh when I see early pictures of my tank.

Seeing progress is always nice. And I concur - from then to now it is incredible how much your tank has evolved!! Looks down-right fancy!! ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Dont know what is worse bubble walls or sponge bob theme. Before I tore the tank down it didn't look to bad, fake plants and all considered.

I have algae on the stars :( only one the old growth. It looks like GSA but is darker in some spots and lighter in other. I will post some pictures later this evening.

so here is the algae on the stars. Its just the old growth and only on the stars

Please tell me this is the AR that I'm looking for. Both packs had 0 red ij them and looked like green mush :(

I'd still try the ar.. I've had the pink packs die and crap packs grow.. star needs MO potassium..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I thought that AR looked bad. Not sure it the right one because of the height listed. What is the full name of the AR you guys have?

When I get my paycheck from spring break I will invest in PPS-PRO ferts. I knew I would do it but didn't know when.

Thanks for the quick responses too!

Ok I thought that AR looked bad. Not sure it the right one because of the height listed. What is the full name of the AR you guys have?

When I get my paycheck from spring break I will invest in PPS-PRO ferts. I knew I would do it but didn't know when.

Thanks for the quick responses too!

AR should be Alternanthera reineckii. I keep it about 4-8" tall. The older leaves tend to be algae magnets. It did not grow in my lowlight shrimp tank.

Do you have the aqua enlightenment app? Its like aqadvisor for plants. They have a bunch of different AR so thats why I was asking.

Is it bad that I was looking at a current plus pro earlier :whistle:

Do you have the aqua enlightenment app? Its like aqadvisor for plants. They have a bunch of different AR so thats why I was asking.

Is it bad that I was looking at a current plus pro earlier :whistle:

I searched for it in the App store and couldn't find it. Don't happen to have a link, do you??

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Back
Top Bottom