29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude.. order from yunite if possible. You won't regret it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get a breeding pair or a m/f and see how things go? Again the purchase won't happen until mid June, and mid July before they are in the 29.
Going to try and send your money tomorrow or Wednesday. Thought I had cash on me but don't. :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Getting some slight red color from the ludwigia repens tops which is nice to finally see since it was all green before. Also hoping the ludwigia doesn't shade out the bacopa while the bacopa is still short. Moved my anubias nana to the wide open space to try and coax out the fish but it isn't working so far.

Mailed money to Brookster for blyxa today. Yes I am from the technology generation and still can't figure it all out. Hopefully next week I will have pictures with blyxa :)

Don't be!
Thinking of an inline diffuser for my co2. I am "burping" my canister every day, and I don't want to waste co2 like that.

Maybe my drills bits were mislabeled ? can't check the DIY rig because just mailed it off.
Pockets in the filter...I ran a sponge and ceramic media and the bubbles never pooled together or got trapped. When I ran floss it would try to push the media up and out of the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fresh left this comment like two pages ago. If it's the rig he just sent me, I can post pics if it's helpful :)

OP - Is this DIY CO2? From what I've read with inline diffusers, they may need a higher psi than you can generate consistently with DIY CO2.
I would review the inline diffuser's requirements first.
If you are handy with DIY stuff, I would look into building a reactor. Built properly, it should use 100% of the CO2. With my ceramic diffuser I am running around 4-5 BPS. I think with a reactor I should be able to drop that down to 1-2 BPS.

I think it is because I have a canister and he has a HOB. Please do post a picture of your rig.

Can anyone ID this plant for me? Its a friends first plant from a plant bulb combo pack at petsmart or petco.

OP - Is this DIY CO2? From what I've read with inline diffusers, they may need a higher psi than you can generate consistently with DIY CO2.
I would review the inline diffuser's requirements first.
If you are handy with DIY stuff, I would look into building a reactor. Built properly, it should use 100% of the CO2. With my ceramic diffuser I am running around 4-5 BPS. I think with a reactor I should be able to drop that down to 1-2 BPS.

Yes it is DIY co2. I will look into building a reactor. I would love to be able to use the ceramic diffuser, but running it into the filter is not working. Filter is noisier than it was before.

I just read that noise from a tv can stress fish out. My tank is tight next to a speaker and another one is 2 feet away.
Would this add to the stress from the light and keep the fish down low?

I just read that noise from a tv can stress fish out. My tank is tight next to a speaker and another one is 2 feet away.
Would this add to the stress from the light and keep the fish down low?

You could try not running the speakers and TV for a day or two and observe any change in behavior.

I can do that...my younger sister not so much.
I just find it wierd that my fish act scared alot, but others who have bright lights don't act weird.

Got the OK from my dad to move my tank to a much quieter place...my room :D. If I end up doing this I'm going to build my own stand with cabinets and shevles. Biggest pain is going to be actually moving the tank. 60 pounds of floramax, plus the water, plant, and fish. Water source will be alot closer on the bright side because there is a washtub style sink in the laundry room next to my room. To the drawing board! :)

Got the OK from my dad to move my tank to a much quieter place...my room :D. If I end up doing this I'm going to build my own stand with cabinets and shevles. Biggest pain is going to be actually moving the tank. 60 pounds of floramax, plus the water, plant, and fish. Water source will be alot closer on the bright side because there is a washtub style sink in the laundry room next to my room. To the drawing board! :)

That's great. Custom stand gives you lots of options for shelves, filter placement, etc.
Fish in buckets and tank drained of as much water as possible should help reduce the weight when it's time to move it.

I moved the tank once before but that was with 20 pounds of gravel.
Should I remove the plants and floramax or just leave them in?

Always read they where hard to breed and adults must be conditioned...Murphys Law. Yes there are alot of white eggs, but still clear ones. Going to try raising these guys. Can always use more otos.

Edit: have half the eggs or so in a quart mason jar with an airstone floating in the tank. Definitely going to read up on how to breed/raise otos.

I HAVE WIGGLERS!! :D:D:D saw any more from 1-2 wigglers or as many as a dozen wigglers in the jar:):):) they are so tiny its hard to tell

Back
Top Bottom