29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty cool that you can get a hold of a PAR meter. Take lots of measurements.
It must be something with the water in your local area. I've received feedback regarding melting staurs from the Midwest and FL. However, not all shipments I've sent to those locations reported melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I never had issues with my s.repens on my old tank on central FL tap water. I think this plant melts when it has unfavorable conditions for any number of reasons.

I might have the chance to use a par meter on the fluval LED, and end the confusion about PAR data. On a reef forum you can rent an apogee par meter for up to 3 weeks...would be nice to know the par my lights are putting out.

Next fertilizer mix I do will be double all marcos minus kno3 and micros. Dose will be 3ml daily. I have received staurs from Fresh twice now and they don't grow for me. I have a few plants what haven't melted but the rest all have some melt to them

Wow that's awesome! I wish I could rent a PAR meter.

oh no...this is starting to sound like Bcarls tank(Edit-didn't see B commented before posting this, not trying to be mean about it B). The petsmart staurs I got did great, but these new ones not so much.

I have one plant that has perfect growth. short, compact, and full. if only the others would copy it

Because I'm a new member to the other forum it is $350 security deposit for the meter plus $10 each week. I have to send a message to the owner of the meter to make sure it is a security deposit, if it isn't I won't be getting the meter.

I never had issues with my s.repens on my old tank on central FL tap water. I think this plant melts when it has unfavorable conditions for any number of reasons.

I the only unfavorable condition i can see if nutrient deficiencies. Co2 has pH dropping .1, and with the 24/7 I can't see lights being the issue. I'm running the 24/7 at 60% whites now, and haven't seen any algae. My hope is to be able to run the fixture on the max setting for the most color spectrum

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You ever have those days when all you want to do it crawl into bed and not do anything with tanks? Yea im having one today. Just finished working 4 days in a row, first 3 I closed and today I opened. Wanna push my wc back a day but gotta do them today....

You ever have those days when all you want to do it crawl into bed and not do anything with tanks? Yea im having one today. Just finished working 4 days in a row, first 3 I closed and today I opened. Wanna push my wc back a day but gotta do them today....

There are days when I only check on them; no food or ferts. WCs may get delayed 3-4 days at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah buddy...we all have those days!

sit in silence...

I bail some days.. it happens.. just don't neglect and it's all good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Treat them as zen time.... Zone out and find your center through tank maintenance meditation. Kick on some tunes and get lost in your tanks. The rest will melt away, brother.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Decided to get 2 of the 3 wc done. Rams and sw got the attention today, 20L will get it tomorrow.
This tank went without a feeding the 3 nights I closed, never got to even look at it light up tbose days. :(
Enough complaining though. I finally found someone who wants the octo and bacopa. Will be sending them out tomorrow after class, also sending some rotala and blyxa out to the buyer. Who knew heat packs would be so hard to find...

Always do the rams first;) they hold a grudge..

Always do the rams first;) they hold a grudge..

I think they are holding a grudge!! Been 3 weeks since a spawn! I mixed 50/50 ro/tap in the wc today to try and please them. They could've spawned when I was at work, but I didn't see then gauarding a spot after lights out.

Got some goodies today. 250g of Safe and new DC fluid.
I still haven't seen any hair algae problems so I kicked the 24/7 up to 70%.
The amano shrimp is mia now, I hope the GBRs didn't get to him, I'm going to have to look alot closer today.

2! 2 amanos I did find!!

Moved a flat rock to behind the crypts leaning against the glass. Wanted to give the rams another option in case they didn't want the pot bottom.

They will hide when larger fish are about.. I've accidentally killed them while they were ticked into dw crevices and such..

They where tucked up in the spiderwood. Didn't seem to happy when I uncovered them lol
At least I know they are alive and appeared healthy.

They will hide when larger fish are about.. I've accidentally killed them while they were ticked into dw crevices and such..

One big amano got out the tank in the middle of the nite,I had gotten up and in the dim light I thought it was a spidera...smoked with a shoe only then to realise it was one of the amanos...womp womp womp.....disheartening to say the least!

sit in silence...

I have a problem people...saw 2 55gals, stand, heater, and filter for sale $475 for both. It got me thinking about upgrading to a 40B :hide:
I would do it too if I could make the lighting work, a 24" light and 30" light probably wouldn't look to good on a 36" tank.
That would be the only equipment snag I would hit; have a 100watt heater that can replace the 50watt, fluval 306 is good uoto a 55gal, and co2 would just have to get turned up.
Going to talk this over with my dad tomorrow to see what he says. He'll probably say I have to sell either the 29 or a 20L before I could get the 40B.
A 40B would look alot better across from my 75 than a 29 does. Only snag I can see is he wants to change the living room around to make the 75 a central focus, if that happens no 40B.

Don't like spideys TT?

I have a problem people...saw 2 55gals, stand, heater, and filter for sale $475 for both. It got me thinking about upgrading to a 40B :hide:
I would do it too if I could make the lighting work, a 24" light and 30" light probably wouldn't look to good on a 36" tank.
That would be the only equipment snag I would hit; have a 100watt heater that can replace the 50watt, fluval 306 is good uoto a 55gal, and co2 would just have to get turned up.
Going to talk this over with my dad tomorrow to see what he says. He'll probably say I have to sell either the 29 or a 20L before I could get the 40B.
A 40B would look alot better across from my 75 than a 29 does. Only snag I can see is he wants to change the living room around to make the 75 a central focus, if that happens no 40B.

Tempting right?!?!

Don't like spideys TT?

When I was little I woke up to see a HUGE wolf spider on my chest...like to freaked me out!
This was at my grandparents old farmhouse...eight legged freaks!

sit in silence...

When I was little I woke up to see a HUGE wolf spider on my chest...like to freaked me out!
This was at my grandparents old farmhouse...eight legged freaks!

sit in silence...

Ok after that I would hate spiders after that too!

Back
Top Bottom