29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're buying from Petco, my advice is to not purchase neons. I've purchased 21 neons from there and 1 has survived. The others all died within their first week. All the neons I have purchased from my mom and pop lfs have done well though. :)

EDIT: No it was 28 neons actually!

maddybrat said:
For my other tank. Highly doubt this one is. It's only been running for a week. And never changed the water.

Do you have an ammonia source? A test kit?

maddybrat said:
Nope... I just bring in a sample and they do it for me.

You really need your own test kit... And your tank definitely isn't cycled without an ammonia source. You're definitely not ready for fish yet. :)

maddybrat said:
I have been putting food in. Not to mention the nasty stuff that cane out of the used filter when I fist turned it on.

Ok, so you do have an ammo source :) that's good. instead of fish, you should go buy your own test kit instead. :) the API master kit is the most accurate. It's definitely worth the $.

maddybrat said:
Except it's not up to me.. He is just the "oh they know what they are
Doing! Bla. Bla. Bla.

Well then use your own $. Lol. It's really a necessary. :)

I have to agree. It would be very irresponsible to stock your tanks w/o having a test kit. Keeping fish w/o one is not an option IMO.

maddybrat said:
Wait could I get a dwarf puffer?? My sister had snails! And they keep having babies!

Puffers are brackish and aggressive.. so if you really want one do some research to find tankmates. There are other fish that can live in brackish, just remember the puffers temper.

I have done some research and I'm finding people say they are fully freshwater.

Yea after doing research myself I have read that they are fw, guess I was mislead by LFS marking their tank as brackish. If they are infact fw, read up on tankmates. They tend to be more aggressive to smaller fish, and may even eat shrimp if kept in the tank. Also, they don't eat flake food, so thinking about a specialty food like frozen shrimp might come into play.

Back
Top Bottom