29 testing results.!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do a pwc and dose a small amount of ammonia. Wait until the weekend and test your water daily. If your getting zeros by friday or saturday you should be fine.

You could, but if you are fishless cycling then you should redose to see if its going to convert the nitrites over to nitrates, because if it's not, then the tank isn't ready yet.

I don't commonly recommend rams because of my experience with them, but if you are set on getting some, go with bolivians unless you dislike them. And wait for the tank to get a little better established first, I would.

Like jeta said if you have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and some nitrate then you can add some thursday.

I'm trying to understand your readings. You are supposed to test prior to a water change, so you can see if there is any conversion going on. The idea is to dose ammonia, wait 24hours-ish and then test again (no water change), if you are reading 0 ammonia 0 nitrite then you are good to go.

If you dosed last night and did a water change today (from what your earlier post said) and then tested and it's all zeroes, that's probably a false reading. Sorry. Either way you want to be sure. So dose ammonia back up tonight (after you test wait about 30 minutes and test and make sure it's at the right starting dose, 4 ppm or whatever you usually dose to) and then don't touch the tank until tomorrow night and then test again and post the results.

I might've missed something but I don't know if the tank is totally cycled. I'd still test the water daily for at least a week to make sure you don't get a spike, if your ammonia or nitrites spike at all, then a big water change is in order. Best of luck!

I might've missed something but I don't know if the tank is totally cycled. I'd still test the water daily for at least a week to make sure you don't get a spike, if your ammonia or nitrites spike at all, then a big water change is in order. Best of luck!

Agree, I'd be inclined to be very cautious, check the water daily and do a water change if you read any ammonia or nitrite, and don't forget the regular weekly water change to keep nitrates under 20.

Back
Top Bottom