29G Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nemo6292 said:
Yeah. It's just that one rock. Will that hurt any of the little critters in the rock?? Lol.

Well, yes. Probably, especially if you scrub it. But you have other rocks, so any BB shouldn't make a huge difference as far as the cycle goes. Is that the critters you're talking about?

Ok, I decided not to take my rock out and scrape it due to the small hitchhiker snails and little critters. Could I get some turbo snails and they eat this junk. It's growing! Fast! It's about 1.5 inches long. It's not really spreading much. I also considered a lawnmower blenny. What's y'alls thoughts??? Please respond! :)

A lawnmower blenny would eat it. I've read that based trochus snails will eat it too. A turbo snail should eat it too. :)

New question: I had a tiny Wrasse that has disappeared. Should I worry with really rearranging rocks until I find it. I hate that it's gone and I'm sure it might have croaked... Everything else is fine and idk know what might have happened... If I leave it were it's at in the tank will it really hurt anything?? Just curious.

Nemo6292 said:
New question: I had a tiny Wrasse that has disappeared. Should I worry with really rearranging rocks until I find it. I hate that it's gone and I'm sure it might have croaked... Everything else is fine and idk know what might have happened... If I leave it were it's at in the tank will it really hurt anything?? Just curious.

How long has it been missing? Wrasses have a tendency to bury themselves in the sand, sometimes for days-literally. Then they'll just pop out of the sand and start swimming around just fine. It's kinda weird. Some of them will bury themselves every night. They're funny little fish. If it did die, your CUC (assuming you have one) should take care of it. I wouldn't move all the rock around.

Back
Top Bottom