29gal biocube new to this give me ur feedback please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well what you can do is look online about Metal Halides and what you could use for your tank. You could purchase a 175w fixture over your tank such as a pendant or the ones that clip on and that would be all you need for lighting requirements. A 14K color bulb will give you the blue tint as well. They look amazing. You would take off the top and use the new fixture. Look it up and you will see some great looking tanks. The only problem is, it is very expensive lighting and a tank that small it can cause some heat issues. So check it out for sure!

your lighting is good enough for a beginer tank imho. unless you want SPS or clams.. you really dont need mh lighting.. and considering the cost of it.. the ends probably dont meet the means for you right now

-Brad

He's just asking questions. Looking into what he may want for the future. Not for the exact moment in time. It's easier to get info from us here then search online. Hopefully a few of the big guys here will help chime in on lighting for that tank and what might work for you.

My tank is 4 months old... no corals died yet... as long as your on top of water quality you shouldent have problems... but of course start with something cheap like the mushrooms that i have... once they thrived and reproduced... i went for it

he has 2 compact flourecents and they can support a whole lot (most LPS softies and mushrooms)

also a pink tip anemone is pretty easy to keep happy.. at least from what ive seen and experenced so far... mine picked a spot in the back draft from the hammer corals power head and has stayed there for over a month now..

really just be smart about the bioload you are putting in... i started with 10 snails 10 hermits 4 turbos. 3-4 days later i added my 2 clowns. 2 weeks later i added the coral beauty and just recently i bought the mandiran.

my corals on the other hand. i bought the star polyps on week 2. week 3-4 i bought a brain, week 5 i bought the bubble hammer and ricordia ... other stuff i just added when ever i felt it was safe. as long as you are faithful with you water changes and pay attention to fishs health. i dont see a problem with a pair of false perc clowns right now. (if its cycled) plus CUC

-Brad

Cool u guys rock

hi guys its friday and i really want to start adding fish just did a hydro test and im at 1.024 but i was at 1.021 last tiem i check so the that wnet is tha tok or is ti bad and why is it goin up also my water temp is at 76 to 79 degress

dont use a hydrometer (im assuming)... the tiniest little bubble that sticks to the needle will throw the reading off huge depending on where it stops on the needle... if you must use a hydrometer get something that is thin and long to knock the bubbles off the needle... temp can effect gravity... but not that much.

id be willing to bet that your actual SG is around 020-021... dont panic. just every time you do a PWC make the SG of that water a little higher... or if you have room top up with some water a little above you desired SG... careful not to go over... thats a real pain.

-Brad

ok so what would be the bes instrument to use to test the water

refractometer. way more precise... i still dont own one so i test my water about 10 times before agreeing that its accurate.

-Brad

ok so ill see if they hav eone tomorrow in the pet shop when i go get my fish i jsut dont know yet which fish to get to start up my tank

id suggest fishless cycling... your going to need some test kits.. and id definitly put the kibosh on your bioballs (if you havent already). you really dont want to stress or harm your fish by putting them through a fish cycle.

-Brad

ok but my tank has been running without fish for a week now the only in there are my snails and my hermits

i suggest browsing through our articles and read the one on fishless cycling.. in the end your way better off

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom