29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lost a fish today, I can't find my damsel, looked every where back chambers rocks where in earth can it go!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Other inhabitants in your aquarium may have eaten it, or hopefully it just has a really great hiding spot!

He came back from where ever this afternoon!!! And got a new addition.... Just forgotten his name!

image-2532047426.jpg

image-3327336256.jpg

image-1370610854.jpg

My LFS said he would be ok in my 29gl. I bought some live food for him the give every 4-5 days. He is hiding round the back can't wait for him to come out properly

Is the mandarin eating? Since you have a small tank you might have success with weaning him onto frozen food. Try this: turn off all the flow in the tank, take a turkey baster and suck up some frozen food and then target feed the mandarin. I generally shoot mysis and bloodworms and brine shrimp near mine onto the sand bed or some rocks and she will come around and eat it. I started with smaller frozen foods like baby brine, cyclopeeze and plankton.

A mandarin needs to be fed several times a day, much more than every 4-5 days. They will hunt and eat all day long if there is enough food.

Good luck!

Carey thanks for the advice, I dont have any frozen food just normal flakes, the lfs got me to buy these bags of Copepods to put in?

I would feed some of the pods here and there but also invest in some frozen food. Unless you can afford to buy a bag of pods every week or so. It can add up real quick and it would be easier for you if he was eating prepared foods. They for sure won't eat flakes so thats a waste of effort in my opinion. lol

Just do like I said above and you might be lucky. Otherwise its bags of pods for the forseeable future. Not even sure how long the pods can live in the bag so that's another concern.

Good luck, let us know how you do once you start trying the frozen. It will take awhile but it can be done. If I can do it so can anyone, well, anyone that puts the effort in that is. lol

Been away for a week and one of my rocks has gone crazy. I don't know what to do as the rock over it has my nem attached to it.

image-3033684651.jpg

It looks like hair algae. Get a clean IL crew pack. Hermit crabs and snails and such depending on your inhabitants

Got hermit crabs and snails they are not touching it and I can't take the rock out because of where it is.....

Back
Top Bottom