29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boolay1978 said:
Put my first two clown fish in today, look like they are settling in well! What is the best thing to feed them? What other fish go well with the clowns?

From what I've seen/read a 25g tank can house a pair of clowns and a royal gramma just fine but please correct me if I'm wrong. That's what I'm going for and I think you have the same tank as me (Kent bioreef/river reef ) if it is are you using the bio balls etc in the chambers? I've opted for replacing them with just live rubble and a fine wool to polish the water.

Ok thanks what is best to feed the clowns and how often?

I also have two bits of coral frag. The shop said to sit them on the rock, no glue needed but the crabs keep knocking them off any ideas????

I give mine a mix of frozen brine shrimp and algae enriched brine (I can't actually remember the exact name, it's either algae enriched or sea weed enriched lol). The amount you feed will be dependent on how many you have.

Also, the site Mr. X recommended is a VERY good site for info and what fish are comparable with one another. I absolutely love that site and it's a very good suggestion to follow

Once a day would be the most I would feed any fish, and that would be if when I got the fish it was very lean. Just be careful not to spoil your water with too much food. This can happen very easily in a closed system.
Remember, everything you put in the tank must be removed by you- even if it can no longer be seen. In other words, just because your fish ate it, doesn't mean it's gone.

The polyps on the coral frags are out today but have I got them upside down!!!

image-2419630438.jpg

image-1986271201.jpg

image-2416695640.jpg

Looks like they are this side? How do I stop the crabs from knocking it off the rock!

Ok can some one help me, got a Kent reef tank with two pipes that come out of the pump. Some how one of the clowns have swam up and blocked the pipe and subsequently died. How would he have swam against the flow up there? Should I leave him in there with the crabs or get him out?

LOL...sorry about that. That's crazy that the bland side was the living side.

I would remove any dead fish. It may cause a spike in parameters. Your tank is not that big to not worry about a large, rotting fish.

I have got a crab out of his shel (can't see where his shell is now) not sure if he is still alive or not... What would have caused this?

image-3438161801.jpg

Not sure "she" still has not moved. Will get some shells later

Sorry my iPhone autocorrect is going crazy just lately! Haha. I'm getting some of of these little crabs soon! Love them

Back
Top Bottom