3 clown loaches in 75 gal ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speed

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a 75 gallon tank with a few larger ornaments along with other fish. I have 2 clown loach's now & thinking about a 3rd ( I've heard dnt do less than 3). Worried about tank size ( when adults). I know they're slow growers but I dnt want to upgrade anymore. Currently 2 giant danios, 3 smaller danios, 5 cory cats, 2 mollies, 2 platies, dwarf frog, 2 plecos. Largest are plecos now & no bigger than 5-6 in as of now. Plecos & clowns will be the biggest fish. Is 75 gal ok for this ? Right now with all being smaller, it looks way under stocked , but I'm thinking adult size- long run.

If you're not looking at upgrading DO NOT get more clown loaches.

If you're not looking at upgrading DO NOT get more clown loaches.

Ok, I know they get big, just wasn't sure if the tank was big enough. In the past 6 mos I've went from a 10 to 20 gallon, 40 gallon & now 75. Running outta room & $ lol. Just heard to school in @ least 3.

I've got a 75 gallon tank with a few larger ornaments along with other fish. I have 2 clown loach's now & thinking about a 3rd ( I've heard dnt do less than 3). Worried about tank size ( when adults). I know they're slow growers but I dnt want to upgrade anymore. Currently 2 giant danios, 3 smaller danios, 5 cory cats, 2 mollies, 2 platies, dwarf frog, 2 plecos. Largest are plecos now & no bigger than 5-6 in as of now. Plecos & clowns will be the biggest fish. Is 75 gal ok for this ? Right now with all being smaller, it looks way under stocked , but I'm thinking adult size- long run.

Depends on what species of Plecos.
Commons get up to 24" and require huge tanks and massive filtration as they are so messy. BN Plecos are ok. Still messy, but stop at about 5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might wanna move the adf to one of your smaller tanks. Adfs need to occasionally surface to breathe. A 75 is hard for them to get to surface.

Might wanna move the adf to one of your smaller tanks. Adfs need to occasionally surface to breathe. A 75 is hard for them to get to surface.

Ok thanks, never really thought about that. Ive seen him occasionally go to the top, normally during feedings, & dive back down. May put him in with my betta in the 20g considering last resort is 40g cold water goldfish tank. Too many tanks ?.

Depends on what species of Plecos.
Commons get up to 24" and require huge tanks and massive filtration as they are so messy. BN Plecos are ok. Still messy, but stop at about 5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im fairly new to the hobby but assuming common plecos. Got them about.. Maybe 9 or 10 months ago about 2-3 in long. Now look like stingrays lol, 8-9 in long and constantly pooping?. So id say commons.

I'd dump the common plecos, they take like 40-50% of your bioload already. Get a bristle nose pleco and then u should be good about your clowns, it will be years before they need out of that tank. And that's of they eat constantly. I try and power feed my clown loach he has only gotten 2 inchs in 4 months which isn't bad, and I'm power feeding. Also, I only have one clown loach I have a school of rainbow fish and he likes to school with them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom